New member from Norway

• HTML tutorial

Viking84

Rank 0

Traveler I

Norway
Hi!

Found this forum after some google searches. I've recently bought myself a 2016 Land Cruiser 150 with a 35" conversion from Arctic Trucks, and I'm planning on using this truck for camping and overlanding as well as it being my daily driver.

Before this I've had a V6 Navara and a V6 Pathfinder, and I ride an R1200GS Rallye during the summer months, so most of my vehicle choices for the past 6 years or so have been off-road focused!

Hoping to find lots of tips and tricks for overlanding here, as well as some inspirations for mods to the Cruiser that will make our camping trips even better.

Current mods (all straight from Toyota and Arctic Trucks with a full 5 year warranty... the lazy mans choice :wink:)
- AT 35 conversion including 315/70-17, a 2" lift and fender flares
- Arctic Trucks light bar
- Vision X Cannon 6.7" Gen 2 LED lights
- Rear LED flood lights under the bumper
- Front and rear 2" hitch receiver with power outlet for a winch on both locations

The Cruiser - named Stoffel:

The GS - named Seabiscuit:

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi!

Found this forum after some google searches. I've recently bought myself a 2016 Land Cruiser 150 with a 35" conversion from Arctic Trucks, and I'm planning on using this truck for camping and overlanding as well as it being my daily driver.

Before this I've had a V6 Navara and a V6 Pathfinder, and I ride an R1200GS Rallye during the summer months, so most of my vehicle choices for the past 6 years or so have been off-road focused!

Hoping to find lots of tips and tricks for overlanding here, as well as some inspirations for mods to the Cruiser that will make our camping trips even better.

Current mods (all straight from Toyota and Arctic Trucks with a full 5 year warranty... the lazy mans choice :wink:)
- AT 35 conversion including 315/70-17, a 2" lift and fender flares
- Arctic Trucks light bar
- Vision X Cannon 6.7" Gen 2 LED lights
- Rear LED flood lights under the bumper
- Front and rear 2" hitch receiver with power outlet for a winch on both locations

The Cruiser - named Stoffel:

The GS - named Seabiscuit:
Hello and welcome to the OB crew...great looking Toy and bike. Looking forward to seeing your build and your adventures.

Reactions: Viking84

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Vinnie
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Welcome! Love the 150 with the Arctic Trucks conversion. I’m driving a ‘12 150 so I know you have a great vehicle.

Viking84

Rank 0

Traveler I

Norway
Thanks, the Cruiser seems rock solid so far. Had a LOT of problems with both my Nissans so I decided to try something different this time. I miss the V6 diesel power from the Navara but apart from that the cruiser is brilliant. The Arctic Trucks conversion is great too, incredibly comfy ride and the fit and finish is perfect.

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Vinnie
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Thanks, the Cruiser seems rock solid so far. Had a LOT of problems with both my Nissans so I decided to try something different this time. I miss the V6 diesel power from the Navara but apart from that the cruiser is brilliant. The Arctic Trucks conversion is great too, incredibly comfy ride and the fit and finish is perfect.
They have a good rep, AT. They are great vehicles. I cannot day enough about mine. Almost 170k on the clock! It’s the 1KD-FTV, or? 3.0?

Viking84

Rank 0

Traveler I

Norway
It's the 2.8 diesel, 1GD-FTV I believe. Good motor, but still not as strong or refined as the 3.0 V6 Diesel in the Navara. That V6 was a nightmare for reliability though, had lots of problems with both the Pathfinder and the Navara, to the point where Nissan bought them back from me. Fingers crossed the cruiser will be considerably more reliable :)

Reactions: Anthony Walker

Bulwinkle

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Yarmouth, ME, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Michaelsen
Member #

Hei,
You have wonderful places for adventure. I hope you send along some posts of your trips. I have visited and camped in Loftus and Rondane regions, with family who are in the Lillestrom region.
Velkommen

rhinodave

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

tuxedo ny
Member #

Hello Viking, I go to Norway every other summer, my wife's family is from Kristiansand. You have a beautiful country for overloading, everytime I go over I try to visit a different place. Been to Lillihammer, Bergen, Stavanger and Oslo. Her mom is from Risor, I really enjoy it up there, wish I had my jeep with me. Wish I had gone over this year, I heard the weather was great. Dave #14398

Viking84

Rank 0

Traveler I

Norway
Norway is a beautiful country, no doubt about that :) Sadly the laws are incredibly restrictive when it comes to off-roading. The law states that any road that cannot be driven in a regular vehicle is not to be considered a road at all and driving there is subject to the same penalties as driving straight through a national park would be.

That said, my Land Cruiser hasn't been modded at all since it left the show room floor at Toyota, so in that respect I reckon it should be considered a "regular vehicle".... ;) It even has the 315/70-17 tires noted in the registration papers!

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Vinnie
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
It is a spectacularly beautiful country. We didn’t miss off-roading in 2014 when we drove up from Germany for 3 weeks. Organized Euro camping of course, but with the LC we were able to pick some “remote” spots. It’s on our list to do again.

Viking84

Rank 0

Traveler I

Norway
Thanks :) Must admit my first taste for off roading and dirt was through Enduro riding on a KTM 500 EXC. Then came the 4x4's and camping with both cars and bikes!

The 1200GS really is the two wheeled equivalent of the Land Cruiser. Comfortable enough to travel long distances in one go, but still capable enough to ride single trail in the forest if the opportunity arises :)