Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Glen Cove, NY, USA
First Name
Max
Last Name
Cheney
Member #

Hello everyone! I got my badge a few weeks ago but am wanting to start getting a little more involved. I'm Max. I currently live in Southern Oregon, but I'm originally from Long Island, NY. I drove my 2000 Jeep Cherokee out here last July, and I'm planning on driving it back to New York from October to December of this year. On my way out I kept things relatively simple with the exception of a 3.5" Old Man Emu lift with 32x10.50" Wrangler Duratrac tires and a Smittybilt XRC rear tire carrier to get the spare out of the trunk.

Now that I've caught the bug, and I know what I was missing from our original trip; I'm taking my build to the next level for the return trip. My plans are to build a modular removable drawer system with kitchen (I'm going to start that build thread as soon as I'm done with this post!), as well as install a new front bumper with winch, roof rack, and various other vehicular upgrades.

I'm looking forward to getting to know the community and can't wait to share my knowledge and learn from others! Thanks for reading!

P1060394.jpg

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hello everyone! I got my badge a few weeks ago but am wanting to start getting a little more involved. I'm Max. I currently live in Southern Oregon, but I'm originally from Long Island, NY. I drove my 2000 Jeep Cherokee out here last July, and I'm planning on driving it back to New York from October to December of this year. On my way out I kept things relatively simple with the exception of a 3.5" Old Man Emu lift with 32x10.50" Wrangler Duratrac tires and a Smittybilt XRC rear tire carrier to get the spare out of the trunk.

Now that I've caught the bug, and I know what I was missing from our original trip; I'm taking my build to the next level for the return trip. My plans are to build a modular removable drawer system with kitchen (I'm going to start that build thread as soon as I'm done with this post!), as well as install a new front bumper with winch, roof rack, and various other vehicular upgrades.

I'm looking forward to getting to know the community and can't wait to share my knowledge and learn from others! Thanks for reading!

View attachment 107713
Welcome to OB and the East Region!
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me or @EscoTerrestrial when you get back to NY.

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
Overland Bound Meetups
Looking for the U.S. East Forum? Check this link:
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)

Reactions: TwoRoadsOverland

EscoTerrestrial

US East Region Member Rep
Staff member
Investor

Influencer II

Port Washington, NY, USA
First Name
Juan
Last Name
Escobar
Member #

Welcome to the group !
Great to have you with us, let me know when you are in the area would love to try and work something out if you wanted to get out and do a trip somewhere.
I'm located in Long Island, NY also, grown up here my almost my entire life. Its good to have another fellow long island'r, great rig can't wait to see the build expand.
All the best and if you need anything don't hesitate to reach out always here if ya need something or got a question.

TwoRoadsOverland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Glen Cove, NY, USA
First Name
Max
Last Name
Cheney
Member #

Welcome to the group !
Great to have you with us, let me know when you are in the area would love to try and work something out if you wanted to get out and do a trip somewhere.
I'm located in Long Island, NY also, grown up here my almost my entire life. Its good to have another fellow long island'r, great rig can't wait to see the build expand.
All the best and if you need anything don't hesitate to reach out always here if ya need something or got a question.
Thanks! I'm honestly amazed by how many Long Islanders are on here! I'm from Glen Cove! I'll be starting my 2-month trip back in October so I'll be sure to let you know when I'm back that way!