New member from minnesota!

• HTML tutorial

North Shore Scout

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Hello yall!
My name is Jobe and ive been into offroad stuff for years. started out with 4wheel drive magazines and their tough truck challange. over the last few years ive been watching overland adventures from a bunch of youtubers. some smaller rigs like "iamjake" to the bigger ones from Australia like "Ronny Dahl".

back in 2014, after 7 years of trying, i finally got on social security for my physical problems. i dont want to be one of those people that sits on their butt doing nothing and getting a check. so i volunteer for a local company that helps people get to and from work and medical appointments. i get to make a couple bucks doing it and help a lot of people along the way.

my future goal is to take what knowledge i have and travel the country. i have friends from florida to washington. so what better way to meet people then to build an overland vehicle that can take the highways and byways! my first trip will be to iowa 80 truck stop. this has been a big dream of mine since my father got my into CB radios. i love semi trucks and big rigs. maybe because they are basically overlanders that get paid!

well thats enough talkin for now. i hope to get to know a bunch of yall and maybe meet!

North Shore Scout
20171006_181541.jpg

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello yall!
My name is Jobe and ive been into offroad stuff for years. started out with 4wheel drive magazines and their tough truck challange. over the last few years ive been watching overland adventures from a bunch of youtubers. some smaller rigs like "iamjake" to the bigger ones from Australia like "Ronny Dahl".

back in 2014, after 7 years of trying, i finally got on social security for my physical problems. i dont want to be one of those people that sits on their butt doing nothing and getting a check. so i volunteer for a local company that helps people get to and from work and medical appointments. i get to make a couple bucks doing it and help a lot of people along the way.

my future goal is to take what knowledge i have and travel the country. i have friends from florida to washington. so what better way to meet people then to build an overland vehicle that can take the highways and byways! my first trip will be to iowa 80 truck stop. this has been a big dream of mine since my father got my into CB radios. i love semi trucks and big rigs. maybe because they are basically overlanders that get paid!

well thats enough talkin for now. i hope to get to know a bunch of yall and maybe meet!

North Shore Scout
View attachment 41989
Hello Jobe and welcome to the OB crew..nice looking rig and look forward to seeing your build and adventures

Last edited:
Reactions: North Shore Scout

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello yall!

North Shore Scout
View attachment 41989
Hi Jobe and welcome to OB! Nice looking rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

North Shore Scout

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Thanks chad!

Hey jake! man i dont know how you do it brother. that little jeep of yours makes me feel like my mountaineer is a palace! you have made me think about whats really needed and not needed to live on the road.

i have a youtube channel im working on. sadly over the last year everything i own has broken down. the mountaineer needed rear suspension. now it needs front control arms. my 1990 trail boss 250 needed an engine rebuild. now its only getting 7 MPG when it use to get 30 lol. i think its the oil pump. i have a block off plate for it just never got to install it. ive had three surgeries this year as well. two eye surgeries and one elbow. its been a rough year but i feel like next year will be golden! or at least not as bad (fingers crossed)

thanks again for the welcome guys!

Reactions: Chadlyb

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Thanks chad!

Hey jake! man i dont know how you do it brother. that little jeep of yours makes me feel like my mountaineer is a palace! you have made me think about whats really needed and not needed to live on the road.

i have a youtube channel im working on. sadly over the last year everything i own has broken down. the mountaineer needed rear suspension. now it needs front control arms. my 1990 trail boss 250 needed an engine rebuild. now its only getting 7 MPG when it use to get 30 lol. i think its the oil pump. i have a block off plate for it just never got to install it. ive had three surgeries this year as well. two eye surgeries and one elbow. its been a rough year but i feel like next year will be golden! or at least not as bad (fingers crossed)

thanks again for the welcome guys!
Your Mountaineer is a palace compared to Jade! LOL But I don't really mind the compactness at all! Really appreciate you following my journey! Hope our paths cross sometime!

Overland USA

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

Rolling Meadows, IL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bogan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJC877
Hello yall!

North Shore Scout
View attachment 41989
Welcome to OB Jobe!
Nice looking truck
Hope to hear more about your adventures!

North Shore Scout

Rank II

Enthusiast III

now i really feel like i have a goal i can reach. i think im going to make some big choices over the winter. id like to keep my hitch open so i can maybe hit up "ushipit" and make some money while i drive. i saw one load was a boat that needed to go to colorado. the bid was $800. i think my cost would be around $200 bucks in gas. i dont need to make bank. i just want enough to keep up repairs and gas topped off.

what yall think about making income while on the road?