Enthusiast III

Glen Burnie, Maryland
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Ogle
Member #

Hello from Fort Meade, Maryland

I finally took the time to set up an account here even though I’ve been reading the forums for a long time. I should have joined when I could have got a Member number in the 1000 range. Ha! Our family currently has a 2018 4Runner and a 2017 Subaru Outback that we use for exploring the MD, VA, WVA, PA and NC areas. Our previous vehicles were a 2012 Toyota Tacoma and a 1999 Jeep Cherokee.

No build threads are vehicles are expected because due to clearance at my work garage in Baltimore I won’t be doing any lifts/roof racks/RTT’s. The most I could do and still fit in my garage would be 285’s and a modest lift of 2 inches (due to increased weight capacity springs) and I might even have to remove my shark fin antenna on the 4Runner to make that work. A set of RCI Sliders and skids are in the plans for the 4Runner but other than that I will be here researching communication options (HAM in addition to my CB, local trips in my area) GPS options and just checking out everyone’s trip reports and vehicle builds.

My goal for this year is to explore the 7 areas of PA that Purple Lizard has maps for. A few trips to GWNF might be in the cards and maybe a trip down to the Carolinas. I hope to get to meet some of you along the way and if everything works right I’ll be at the Mid Atlantic Overland Festival.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

I finally took the time to set up an account here even though I’ve been reading the forums for a long time. I should have joined when I could have got a Member number in the 1000 range. Ha! Our family currently has a 2018 4Runner and a 2017 Subaru Outback that we use for exploring the MD, VA, WVA, PA and NC areas. Our previous vehicles were a 2012 Toyota Tacoma and a 1999 Jeep Cherokee.

No build threads are vehicles are expected because due to clearance at my work garage in Baltimore I won’t be doing any lifts/roof racks/RTT’s. The most I could do and still fit in my garage would be 285’s and a modest lift of 2 inches (due to increased weight capacity springs) and I might even have to remove my shark fin antenna on the 4Runner to make that work. A set of RCI Sliders and skids are in the plans for the 4Runner but other than that I will be here researching communication options (HAM in addition to my CB, local trips in my area) GPS options and just checking out everyone’s trip reports and vehicle builds.

My goal for this year is to explore the 7 areas of PA that Purple Lizard has maps for. A few trips to GWNF might be in the cards and maybe a trip down to the Carolinas. I hope to get to meet some of you along the way and if everything works right I’ll be at the Mid Atlantic Overland Festival.
Hello Brian and welcome to the OB crew..nice rigs and look forward to seeing your adventures

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi Brian0128 and welcome to OB! Nice looking 4Runner! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Overlandllama

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Orion
Last Name
Walther
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF0CKJ
Welcome to the OB team Brian... you already know this due to lurking... but there are a lot of great folks on here. BTW, height of rigs is a big deal around this area for parking even for mine and it's not too far from stock. I have to remind my wife every time she is downtown Annapolis bound with mine.

brian0128

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Glen Burnie, Maryland
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Ogle
Member #

BTW, height of rigs is a big deal around this area for parking even for mine and it's not too far from stock. I have to remind my wife every time she is downtown Annapolis bound with mine.
The garage I work in says 80 inches but the ramp is sloped. I measured to the bar from the highest point of concrete and got 78.5 inches. The lowest hanging light fixture I found was 81 inches.

Ryan Matthes

OB Ambassador
Supporter +
Investor

Explorer I

Chapel Hill, NC
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Matthes
Member #

Welcome! Quick side story on the height of a garage - I got my Disco 2 stuck under a water pipe three levels down in a garage in Boston cause I thought they were padding the number. I feel your cautiousness is well warranted.

Love the 4R - great combo the white with the black.

Reactions: Matt4Run

Mgway1

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Leonardtown, Maryland
Member #

Hello from southern Maryland. Love the matching rigs.

Sent from my SM-G892A using OB Talk mobile app