StormtrooperLV

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Las Vegas
Member #

Hello All!

New member from Las Vegas!

Been interested in Overlanding and 4x4 for some time now, mainly lurking on various sites and reading articles, watching videos, magazines etc.

I was limited to just reading and looking as my last ride was a B8 A4, dropped on some 19s..lol not quite the best option. Had the availability at the end of 2016 to upgrade to a 2016 Tacoma TRD Off Road.

A little snow in Mt Charleston and one small trail ride this weekend is all it has seen, but hope to start outfitting the rig for more wheeling and longer trips. Currently just has an RIC Front Skid intalled and RCI Transmission Skid on order. Next plan is to get sliders.

I am a complete novice to off roading so looking to learn over the next few years. I have two little ones, 13 months and 2 1/2, so plan is to have the rig and more importantly myself more capable for longer trips as they get a little older.

Look forward to learning more on here and meeting some of you guys and gals.

Stephen
@stephenmhale on instagram

Attachments

Last edited:

OwenMcCoy

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Parker
Last Name
McCoy
Member #

Based on the photo and the "snow on Mt. Charleston" comment it looks like we are both in Vegas. I am in the West side near summerlin. Nice Taco!! There is a ton of mods for that truck.

Sent from my SM-G935T using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: StormtrooperLV

StormtrooperLV

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Las Vegas
Member #

Based on the photo and the "snow on Mt. Charleston" comment it looks like we are both in Vegas. I am in the West side near summerlin. Nice Taco!! There is a ton of mods for that truck.

Sent from my SM-G935T using OB Talk mobile app
Yes Sorry, Located in Las Vegas. I am closer to Henderson, 215-Warm Springs area.

Aftermarket was the main reason for going Tacoma. I was debating between 4Runner, Jeep Unlimited and Tacoma. I went with Tacoma due to the truck bed. I figured even if I wanted a more enclosed area I could always upgrade to a shell. I have used the bed more then 4Wd so I think it was wise decision so far.

profDM

Rank 0

Contributor I

Las vegas
Member #

Nice Tacoma! I'm in Vegas as well. There's some good Toyota groups here in town also. Check out VegasFJ Cruisers on FB. Lots of Tacomas in that group too and we get out on the local trails quite a but. Always good to go out with others.

Sent from my SM-G900V using OB Talk mobile app

StormtrooperLV

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Las Vegas
Member #

Nice Tacoma! I'm in Vegas as well. There's some good Toyota groups here in town also. Check out VegasFJ Cruisers on FB. Lots of Tacomas in that group too and we get out on the local trails quite a but. Always good to go out with others.

I may need to make a FB specific for wheeling groups, I have heard of a few groups on there, but I never quite got into FB so no account.

Thanks all for the welcomes!

Got my official Member # too, #4452!

profDM

Rank 0

Contributor I

Las vegas
Member #

It's about all I use FB for. If you do set it up check out Silver State Overlanders, and some friends and I are doing an Arctic Circle trip this summer which we are documenting on Into The Horizon Overlanders.

I may need to make a FB specific for wheeling groups, I have heard of a few groups on there, but I never quite got into FB so no account.

Thanks all for the welcomes!

Got my official Member # too, #4452!