Yoter4four

Rank 0

Contributor I

Kelowna, BC
First Name
Jamie
Last Name
Pollock
Hello Overland Bound community! We (my wife and 2 girls) recently purchased a 1987 Toyota 4runner, and shipped it from Saskatchewan to our home in Kelowna, BC. We have big plans for the truck, our main goal first, is to just get out an use it before implementing any of our ideas. We just had the engine fully rebuilt to ensure the legendary 22RE will get us in and out off all situations.
Aly and I have lots of camping experience, so we look forward to incorporating the good ol' Toyota as our vehicle of choice.
Stay Tuned!
Jamie20190617_194259.jpg

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Definitely following this. I had one 20 years ago. My dream was to remove the top and build a camper.

Welcome from Nakusp.

Yoter4four

Rank 0

Contributor I

Kelowna, BC
First Name
Jamie
Last Name
Pollock
Thanks for the kind welcome! I will create a buildup thread shortly and post the link here for anyone interested in following. Here is a summary of the work done so far:
Full engine rebuild by Disturbed Industries in Abbotsford, BC.
New Clutch, master and slave cylinders
New audio deck - Kenwood X304
New snow tires, on 16" Tacoma rims I found for super cheap (score!)
Lubricated rear window motor - these things are the worst! The definition of "seemed like a good idea at the time" for the engineering team.

Next up will be a headlight upgrade, as the current lights cast less light than a crescent moon! I have ordered a set of Hella Vision Plus Halogen conversions.

Stay tuned!

Last edited:

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hello Overland Bound community! We (my wife and 2 girls) recently purchased a 1987 Toyota 4runner, and shipped it from Saskatchewan to our home in Kelowna, BC. We have big plans for the truck, our main goal first, is to just get out an use it before implementing any of our ideas. We just had the engine fully rebuilt to ensure the legendary 22RE will get us in and out off all situations.
Aly and I have lots of camping experience, so we look forward to incorporating the good ol' Toyota as our vehicle of choice.
Stay Tuned!
JamieView attachment 127497
Welcome Jamie! I'm just south in Washington.

Here are a few tips to get you started:

-Check out your local region's forums for events and meetups.
-Check out the Member Maps and the Rally Point system. Super helpful.

If you need anything, let me know!

Yoter4four

Rank 0

Contributor I

Kelowna, BC
First Name
Jamie
Last Name
Pollock
Definitely following this. I had one 20 years ago. My dream was to remove the top and build a camper.

Welcome from Nakusp.
Thanks Billiebob! Nakusp is at the very top of our list of places to explore. We are looking forward to getting out there this spring.