• HTML tutorial

JBert

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Southington, Connecticut
Member #

Hey Everyone,

I came across OB on Facebook awhile back, and figured I'd join! Just submitted my order today.

My name is Justin, and I have a 1988 Jeep Wrangler YJ along with a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee WK that will be the next project. The YJ started as a cheap budget ( reality: basket case ) build that my family has helped turn it into a clean, fun adventure Jeep. While it's not completely done, it's 100x better compared to how it was when I picked it up.

My wife, daughter, and I are just getting our feet wet with the whole overland lifestyle, but so far everyone loves it. We're hoping to explore New England this year before venturing further west in the future!

- Justin

Here's her first trip to the top of Mount Greylock, in Mass.

IELIAS12

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Boston
Member #

Nice work on the YJ...I'm also looking to connect with New Englanders to see what exploring we can come up with...Have you met any OB folks that live in New England? I just bought my first Tacoma, so looking to explore this Spring, Summer and Fall...

Reactions: JBert

JBert

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Southington, Connecticut
Member #

Nice work on the YJ...I'm also looking to connect with New Englanders to see what exploring we can come up with...Have you met any OB folks that live in New England? I just bought my first Tacoma, so looking to explore this Spring, Summer and Fall...
Thanks! I'm a member of a local wheeling club, but the crawling up rocks thing isn't as appealing to me - but I haven't met anyone else who is into OB. Right now, my thought is to find local state camp sites to set up a base camp and explore out from there. There's a lot of legal dirt roads in Vermont and NH that would be fun to check out. We'll have to get together.

IELIAS12

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Boston
Member #

Thanks! I'm a member of a local wheeling club, but the crawling up rocks thing isn't as appealing to me - but I haven't met anyone else who is into OB. Right now, my thought is to find local state camp sites to set up a base camp and explore out from there. There's a lot of legal dirt roads in Vermont and NH that would be fun to check out. We'll have to get together.
Hey Justin, for sure, I'll definitely plan on hitting up VT and NH this year, ME as well, but I need to get more familiar first, so great suggestion for me to start local camp ground and see where the wind blows me. Like you, I'm a dad, so my hope is to one day do annual Overland trips with my daughter. If you're headed up to the MA area, just let me know. Thanks for the reply bud! Best, Ivan

NW David

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gig Harbor, WA
Member #

Welcome from Washington! While Brady-ing the tires to crawl can be fun, I never really got into that part either.

[emoji87] Gasp....

Sorry couldn't pass it up [emoji23]

Nice work on the YJ what else you got planned for it

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

NorthEastRaider89

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

New York
Member #

Hey there I'm in NY and will definitely be going up to NH AND VT this spring/summer I have access to maps from the Vermont overland rally.....I will also be participating in the Vermont overland rally as well....I'll post up some notice when I'm planning trips...welcome:)

JBert

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Southington, Connecticut
Member #

Thanks guys.

If anyone wants to do a basic short weekend (Friday night - Sunday), let me know. I love going up to Northwest Massachusetts to check out a lot of the state parks and other sights. I usually stay at Savoy State park and explore from there. There's a big group site that can easily accommodate 10 rigs + tents.

NorthEastRaider89

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

New York
Member #

Thanks guys.

If anyone wants to do a basic short weekend (Friday night - Sunday), let me know. I love going up to Northwest Massachusetts to check out a lot of the state parks and other sights. I usually stay at Savoy State park and explore from there. There's a big group site that can easily accommodate 10 rigs + tents.
I've got a trip going may 12 13th wheeling Friday nite to camp site then all day wheeling Saturday the 13th near Reading VT

Reactions: JBert