New member from BC - currently on a trip in Arizona (and moving)

• HTML tutorial

Cherni

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Abbotsford, BC
Member #

foxtrotoverland_Bh4e1qAg85S.jpg foxtrotoverland_BiBFfaOnovf.jpg foxtrotoverland_BiGEg3Dny4i.jpg foxtrotoverland_BhrbrNdg_-Q.jpg foxtrotoverland_Bh4e3EQgU5n.jpg
Hello everybody!

My name is Cherni - I'm a new member from South West British Columbia, just outside of Vancouver.

I'm a fairly "new" OB member though I have been lurking in the forums for a while and finally decided to join prior to a big trip I had planned.

Well, I'm currently on said trip and it's been one of the best experiences of my life.

I'm currently on Day 12 of 35 and I'm camped on the San Francisco river as I type this, just outide of Clifton, AZ.

I am traveling alone in a 2014 Nissan Xterra Pro4x in which I have a home built drawer/kitchen/sleeping platform setup. I have been doing these kinds of trips for several years now, though never really calling them "overlanding".

I will leave you with some pictures and a link to my Instagram if you'd like to see more.

As I wrote in my description, my travel philosophy is good food in good places, and if it is with great people, even better. So if you are in Arizona/Utah/Nevada/California and want to join in let me know, I will be going through your states in the next few weeks as I slowly meander my way North.

Thanks for looking and keep up the great work here, it's inspiring!

Last edited:

Traveler I

View attachment 55087 View attachment 55088 View attachment 55089 View attachment 55090 View attachment 55091
Hello everybody!

My name is Cherni - I'm a new member from South West British Columbia, just outside of Vancouver.

I'm a fairly "new" OB member though I have been lurking in the forums for a while and finally decided to join prior to a big trip I had planned.

Well, I'm currently on said trip and it's been one of the best experiences of my life.

I'm currently on Day 12 of 35 and I'm camped on the San Francisco river as I type this, just outide of Clifton, AZ.

I am traveling alone in a 2014 Nissan Xterra Pro4x in which I have a home built drawer/kitchen/sleeping platform setup. I have been doing these kinds of trips for several years now, though never really calling them "overlanding".

I will leave you with some pictures and a link to my Instagram if you'd like to see more.

As I wrote in my description, my travel philosophy is good food in good places, and if it is with great people, even better. So if you are in Arizona/Utah/Nevada/California and want to join in let me know, I will be going through your states in the next few weeks as I slowly meander my way North.

Welcome, Cherni! Looks like you found a great spot! Arizona is full of wonderful places like that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Cherni
S

SubeeBen

Welcome from San Diego Ca. Awesome forum & great people. Keep us posted on your trip & safe travels ✌

Cherni

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Abbotsford, BC
Member #

Thanks fellas. Very happy to be here. Do we know how many Canadians we have on here? Maybe it's time for a Canadian meetup in BC. Has there ever been one?

Here a few more photos from Arizona. About to hit el Camino del Diablo for the next few days then start heading north.

Cheers!

Cherni
@FoxtrotOverland

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

Welcome from Penticton, BC. Love the Xterra, I sold mine last year when we decided to go to a full size truck. If I ever found myself wanting an suv again, I'd buy another Xterra.

Reactions: Cherni

Cherni

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Abbotsford, BC
Member #

Welcome from Penticton, BC. Love the Xterra, I sold mine last year when we decided to go to a full size truck. If I ever found myself wanting an suv again, I'd buy another Xterra.
Right on, another British Columbian. What full size truck are you running now?
When I bought the Xterra I was considering a full size truck also for my future set setup. I am really really happy I decided to go with the Xterra but you never know what will happen in the future.

Cherni
@FoxtrotOverland

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
View attachment 55087 View attachment 55088 View attachment 55089 View attachment 55090 View attachment 55091
Hello everybody!

Welcome. Nice looking setup. If you come through Reno, look me up. If I'm not out roaming the desert, I'd like to see your set up in person.

Sent from my SM-G960U using OB Talk mobile app

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

Right on, another British Columbian. What full size truck are you running now?
When I bought the Xterra I was considering a full size truck also for my future set setup. I am really really happy I decided to go with the Xterra but you never know what will happen in the future.

Cherni
@FoxtrotOverland

Hey. A Tundra and Four Wheel Camper now. We decided to go a different route and change things up a bit.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk