New member from AZ

• HTML tutorial

Scott Haworth

Rank I

Traveler I

Good morning. My name is Scott. I am a veteran of the Navy (05-13). My wife and I moved to AZ back in Aug. 2016. We absolutely love it here but we do miss our family back in California.

Since moving here we have only had the chance to get up to Show Low to visit my uncle, Sedona/Flagstaff with my in-laws when they came out to visit. unfortunately no wheeling or overlanding yet.

This week I bought myself a 1994 Toyota Land Cruiser. The LC is replacing my wife's car, she was involved in an accident on her way to work. She was rear-ended by an 18 wheeler. She is alive thank God, but she is dealing with some issues from the accident and receiving treatment for those injuries.

This LC is my first ever Toyota and I am excited about it. I have done a lot of research as far as what usually needs to be done as far as making them reliable and replacing parts that are a pain in the but to replace (PHH).

Enough about me, I am excited to be part of this group and when I get a little spare cash I will become a full member.

Scott

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Good morning. My name is Scott. I am a veteran of the Navy (05-13). My wife and I moved to AZ back in Aug. 2016. We absolutely love it here but we do miss our family back in California.

Since moving here we have only had the chance to get up to Show Low to visit my uncle, Sedona/Flagstaff with my in-laws when they came out to visit. unfortunately no wheeling or overlanding yet.

This week I bought myself a 1994 Toyota Land Cruiser. The LC is replacing my wife's car, she was involved in an accident on her way to work. She was rear-ended by an 18 wheeler. She is alive thank God, but she is dealing with some issues from the accident and receiving treatment for those injuries.

This LC is my first ever Toyota and I am excited about it. I have done a lot of research as far as what usually needs to be done as far as making them reliable and replacing parts that are a pain in the but to replace (PHH).

Enough about me, I am excited to be part of this group and when I get a little spare cash I will become a full member.

Scott
Hello Scott and welcome to the OB crew ...always glad to add another Toy to the group and look forward to seeing your build and adventures. Thank you for your service and sacrifice ...Navy veteran myself . I'll keep your wife's recovery in my prayers so that you both get out and get some adventures going in your new rig.

Reactions: Scott Haworth

Scott Haworth

Rank I

Traveler I

Hello Scott and welcome to the OB crew ...always glad to add another Toy to the group and look forward to seeing your build and adventures. Thank you for your service and sacrifice ...Navy veteran myself. I'll keep your wife's recovery in my prayers so that you both get out and get some adventures going in your new rig.
Thank you for your prayers.

I am looking forward to getting this LC built and on some adventures around AZ. Summers around the valley can suck, but the Rim can be anywhere from 20-30 degrees different but that has a lot to do with the elevation change.

Reactions: Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Thank you for your prayers.

I am looking forward to getting this LC built and on some adventures around AZ. Summers around the valley can suck, but the Rim can be anywhere from 20-30 degrees different but that has a lot to do with the elevation change.
Remember the overland expo is coming up in Flagstaff soon...lots of ideas and members there.

Scott Haworth

Rank I

Traveler I

Remember the overland expo is coming up in Flagstaff soon...lots of ideas and members there.
Yeah, I am thinking of or planning on attending. My wife really isn't into the camping off the grid but I am sure if she some of the different ideas/rigs she would warm up to it. Plus she has to have her sleep apnea machine, so true roughing it wouldn't work. I know I can wire the LC for power so she can use her machine.

Reactions: Graeman and Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Yeah, I am thinking of or planning on attending. My wife really isn't into the camping off the grid but I am sure if she some of the different ideas/rigs she would warm up to it. Plus she has to have her sleep apnea machine, so true roughing it wouldn't work. I know I can wire the LC for power so she can use her machine.
I bought the special cord that has the power brick and adapter for cigarette style port...comes with alligator clips for direct battery hook up. Going to wire my rooftop tent for mine and a usb to recharge phone also. Look into the dual battery set up for your rig also...going to the NW overland expo in Plain Wa. in June with my girl.

Scott Haworth

Rank I

Traveler I

I bought the special cord that has the power brick and adapter for cigarette style port...comes with alligator clips for direct battery hook up. Going to wire my rooftop tent for mine and a usb to recharge phone also. Look into the dual battery set up for your rig also...going to the NW overland expo in Plain Wa. in June with my girl.
I am planning on installing a 2nd battery and wiring in an inverter for her sleep apnea machine, that way she has it near her.

Reactions: Chadlyb

AZBubs

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Tan Valley, AZ
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7BHP

Scott
Go and see the guys at Sierra Expeditions in Mesa. Owner knows a lot about the LC80. Welcome to AZ!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
Welcome to AZ, I think that the LC is just not the right vehicle for your family. I have that perfect vehicle and I am willing to trade you my 4Runner to help you and your family have that perfect vehicle...

Scott Haworth

Rank I

Traveler I

Welcome to AZ, I think that the LC is just not the right vehicle for your family. I have that perfect vehicle and I am willing to trade you my 4Runner to help you and your family have that perfect vehicle...
Thank you. I will pass, I am sure you were joking anyways.

Seen you work at the VA. Are you a veteran yourself, or just serve veterans like myself?

Reactions: Graeman

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force

Seen you work at the VA. Are you a veteran yourself, or just serve veterans like myself?
Yes I am an AF retired veteran and I just started at the Phx VA last month.

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force

Where do you work in the VA? I am in the warehouse. My wife and I will be going up to Flagstaff to the expo on Sunday just for the day, as I am trying to convince her that we need to buy a RTT.

MoreGone

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mesa, AZ
Member #

Welcome!

From Mesa myself and a Vet (Army 00-03) always down to meet like minded peeps. Wish the wife a speedy recovery. Get an accident attorney if you haven't done so.... Just saying
Hoping to volunteer at the Expo this year to save some $$ since I am currently unemployed. Sounds like a Win Win for me since I have the time.