New Member from Arizona! OB15420

• HTML tutorial

AZ98XJ

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Gilbert, AZ, USA
Member #

My name is Brandon, but my secret overland identity is AZ98XJ. (also my IG)
I live in Gilbert, Az with my 9 year old daughter Ana and our 3 year old boxer Dipper.
Our overland rig is a 1998 Jeep Cherokee (XJ). Currently it has a 4.5" lift with 32" tires and a pretty solid 4.0 I6 (116,000 +/- miles) engine. It has a few upgrades here and there and hopefully many more to come.
I consider myself a novice when it comes to overlanding.. but I'm ready to get out there and learn as much as I can.

Snapseed.JPG

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

My name is Brandon, but my secret overland identity is AZ98XJ. (also my IG)
I live in Gilbert, Az with my 9 year old daughter Ana and our 3 year old boxer Dipper.
Our overland rig is a 1998 Jeep Cherokee (XJ). Currently it has a 4.5" lift with 32" tires and a pretty solid 4.0 I6 (116,000 +/- miles) engine. It has a few upgrades here and there and hopefully many more to come.
I consider myself a novice when it comes to overlanding.. but I'm ready to get out there and learn as much as I can.

View attachment 81133
Hello Brandon and welcome to the OB crew...outstanding looking Jeep and look forward to seeing your build and your adventures.

Reactions: Irishnsk and AZ98XJ

AZ98XJ

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Gilbert, AZ, USA
Member #

AZ reppin! Welcome from Phoenix! Great rig, I'm a sucker for XJs.
Thank you! So far the XJ has done everything I’ve asked it to... so we couldn’t be happier. Hey just out of curiosity because I couldn’t find it.. does anyone do any meet ups in our area? Thanks in advance!!

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
Welcome to OB my fellow Phoenician. That is a very nice XJ. We tried to have meet ups at the Tempe Square but during the summer it was too hot for people to attend and it fell wayside. Now that it is winter it would be nice to see others show up for a meet. I think that the meet up should be at Cabelas or Bass Pro as a more fitting environment to what we like to do - camping and not mall cruising.

Reactions: AZ98XJ

AZ98XJ

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Gilbert, AZ, USA
Member #

Welcome to OB my fellow Phoenician. That is a very nice XJ. We tried to have meet ups at the Tempe Square but during the summer it was too hot for people to attend and it fell wayside. Now that it is winter it would be nice to see others show up for a meet. I think that the meet up should be at Cabelas or Bass Pro as a more fitting environment to what we like to do - camping and not mall cruising.
I would love to attend some meet ups!

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
Watch the southwest board for more information about the upcoming weekend get together/retreat/meetup/ham radio how-to session/camping trip. Should happen in Feb.