Launch Member

Traveler I

Alabama
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
White
Member #

Hello! Been wheeling for most of my life and have driven a Jeep since i could drive. Overlanding has always been a favorite of mine. Camping out under the stars is one of the greatest things in life and I'm sure most of you agree. See yall out on the trails!

RIG: 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon with 3.5" Rubicon Express lift, 1" body lift, 35x12.50x15 BFG KM2s, Procomp 7069 series wheels, Rugged Ridge hurricane flares, JWSpeaker headlights, Max built LED trailight tailights, JCR Crusader Front bumper, JCR Crusader rear bumper with custom tire carrier built by me, Warn 9500 Power Plant winch, Poisen Spyder rear corner guards, Poisen Spyder rock guards, Poisen Spyder hood louver and much more...

Sean S

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

California, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
S
Wow! What a cool looking Jeep Wrangler. You have done a great job outfitting it. I would have dearly loved to have found a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited from the mid-2000s but they are rare (and super-expensive) in my area. It was also very hard to find one in good shape. In the end I had to go with the Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited. Haven't look back since. Jeep make some great vehicles!

Reactions: CJW145

Sean S

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

California, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
S
Wow! What a cool looking Jeep Wrangler. You have done a great job outfitting it. I would have dearly loved to have found a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited from the mid-2000s but they are rare (and super-expensive) in my area. It was also very hard to find one in good shape. In the end I had to go with the Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited. Haven't look back since. Jeep make some great vehicles!
Oh, almost forgot to add: Welcome to the forums and the OB community!

CJW145

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Alabama
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
White
Member #

Thank you! I spent nearly a year finding the right Jeep. Since the LJs were only made from 2004-2006 there are fewer to choose from than other models.

Sean S

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

California, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
S
Thank you! I spent nearly a year finding the right Jeep. Since the LJs were only made from 2004-2006 there are fewer to choose from than other models.
You are very welcome! I have no idea why they stopped making them. They must have been quite the hit with so much extra internal storage over the standard wheel base two-door model of the time.

CJW145

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Alabama
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
White
Member #

You are very welcome! I have no idea why they stopped making them. They must have been quite the hit with so much extra internal storage over the standard wheel base two-door model of the time.
I had a shorter 2000 jeep Wrangler TJ for a few years and there very little room to store extra gear. I had plans to build that Jeep up, but eventually decided it would be better to sell it and buy an LJ with more storage capabilities and longer wheel base. Ended up getting a Rubicon which comes with 410 gear ratio and air lockers front and rear.

Reactions: Sean S

Sean S

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

California, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
S
I had a shorter 2000 jeep Wrangler TJ for a few years and there very little room to store extra gear. I had plans to build that Jeep up, but eventually decided it would be better to sell it and buy an LJ with more storage capabilities and longer wheel base. Ended up getting a Rubicon which comes with 410 gear ratio and air lockers front and rear.
Good decision! I am a bit jealous.:tonguewink:

kennedyma

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Member #

Had that exact color LJ non Rubi. Love it so much should have never gotten rid of it.

Owner of a 2017 JKUR now and loving it but still miss that LJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CJW145

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Alabama
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
White
Member #

Had that exact color LJ non Rubi. Love it so much should have never gotten rid of it.

Owner of a 2017 JKUR now and loving it but still miss that LJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah LJ's are one of a kind. Would love to get myself a new JK too. Would be keeping the LJ of course.

Sent from my SM-G900V using OB Talk mobile app