• HTML tutorial

Excursion OffRoad

Rank III
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Corona, CA
Member #

Hello All,

I just joined and am anxiously awaiting my badge in the mail!

About Me:

I work in the Music Business and greatly enjoy adventuring with my wife and 3 young children. We try and get dirt on the truck each weekend, everything from Solo day trips to weekend campouts.

Instagram: @ExcursionOffRoad

My Rig:

I have a 2002 Ford Excursion V10 Gasser. This truck is currently in a stage of rebirthing. When I purchased it last year, it had a 5" Fabtech lift, 35x13.5x20 wheels and tires and could knock your kidneys loose going over the slightest crack in the pavement. The previous owner had it set up to tow a very heavy Boat which caused it to ride terribly when unloaded.

It is currently in the very capable hands of Fernando at Atlas Spring here in Socal. On top of manufacturing springs, his company can also completely outfit any offroad vehicle. His team will be doing a lot of work over the next couple of weeks.

Upgrades being done as we speak:
-Full Traction Coilover Conversion on the front end which will include King 2.5 Coilovers with resi
-Rebuilding both axles. Axles seals, fluid, completely cleaning them etc.
-Regearing to 4.56 gears
-Eaton Trutrac Limited Slip Diffs in both axles
-Moving front Axle forward to accommodate bigger tires
-Extending both Driveshafts, complete overhaul
-Swapping out the 35's for 40x14.5x20 tires

I cannot wait to get this rig back in my hands and into the dirt!

I look forward to learning from all of you and contributing to this community where I can!

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello All,

About Me:

I work in the Music Business and greatly enjoy adventuring with my wife and 3 young children. We try and get dirt on the truck each weekend, everything from Solo day trips to weekend campouts.

My Rig:

I have a 2002 Ford Excursion V10 Gasser. This truck is currently in a stage of rebirthing. When I purchased it last year, it had a 5" Fabtech lift, 35x13.5x20 wheels and tires and could knock your kidneys loose going over the slightest crack in the pavement. The previous owner had it set up to tow a very heavy Boat which caused it to ride terribly when unloaded.

It is currently in the very capable hands of Fernando at Atlas Spring here in Socal. On top of manufacturing springs, his company can also completely outfit any offroad vehicle. His team will be doing a lot of work over the next couple of weeks.

-Full Traction Coilover Conversion on the front end which will include King 2.5 Coilovers with resi
-Regearing to 4.56 gears

I look forward to learning from all of you and contributing to this community where I can!

View attachment 96939View attachment 96940View attachment 96941
Hello and welcome to the OB crew.....great looking rig and look forward to seeing your build and your adventures.

Reactions: Excursion OffRoad

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hello All,

About Me:

My Rig:

-Regearing to 4.56 gears

View attachment 96939View attachment 96940View attachment 96941
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

There is a meet-up in Orange County that you might be interested in. West US - Reoccurring - Orange County Overland Bound Monthly Meet-up - 12/01/2018

If you have any questions message your Member Representative, @FrankRoams, or me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

Tinker

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

West Michigan
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klemish
Member #

Welcome!

I was just saying this weekend that those trucks are a bit of a dark horse to base a build on. I see so few of them, but even a mild build will have me staring. Looking forward to seeing the build come together!

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

Welcome. I have always thought those would make a great build! V10 - Sorry about the SoCal gas prices though. It hurts a bit even in my diesel. You are also right up there near Carli Suspension. They really know Ford and Dodge Suspension systems.

Excursion OffRoad

Rank III
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Corona, CA
Member #

Welcome. I have always thought those would make a great build! V10 - Sorry about the SoCal gas prices though. It hurts a bit even in my diesel. You are also right up there near Carli Suspension. They really know Ford and Dodge Suspension systems.
I love the guys at Carli. I was really set on going Coilovers and the guys at Full Traction seem to really know their stuff. A friend of mine went with the same kit and said it was like driving a brand new super duty. I anxiously await that experience.

Reactions: Brewbud