Launch Member

Member I

Pittsburgh, PA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
R
Member #

Hello everyone, I'm new to these forums but a longtime lurker. Finally joined Overland Bound because these forums are a great resource.

My rig is a 1985 Toyota 4runner! You can see it on IG @4RunnerFeed.
Some details about my rig:
-Currently in the process of swapping the original 22re engine to a 2.7l 3RZ from a 1999 Tacoma
-Sleeping / storage platform in the back, folds to accomodate rear seats. I am planning to remove the original top and build a custom pop up camper top once my engine swap is done
-Dual battery setup, powering Dometic CR-25 and a MaxxAir fan
-Dual swingout rear bumper
-Full floating rear axle, factory solid front axle
-4.88 detroit truetrac limited slip diffs, front and rear, 33" tires (265/75r16)

So far I've taken my rig across the country from Colorado to Pittsburgh, and all over the Northeast/ New England, including New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, northern Ontario, and Quebec. I'm from Pittsburgh, and regularly explore western PA and West Virginia. I'm also big into canoeing and kayaking, and I almost always have a boat on top of my truck.

Attachments

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Welcome from Central Texas

Offroadnutz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Texas/Missouri
First Name
Steven
Last Name
M
Member #

Hello everyone, I'm new to these forums but a longtime lurker. Finally joined Overland Bound because these forums are a great resource.

My rig is a 1985 Toyota 4runner! You can see it on IG @4RunnerFeed.
Some details about my rig:
-Currently in the process of swapping the original 22re engine to a 2.7l 3RZ from a 1999 Tacoma
-Sleeping / storage platform in the back, folds to accomodate rear seats. I am planning to remove the original top and build a custom pop up camper top once my engine swap is done
-Dual battery setup, powering Dometic CR-25 and a MaxxAir fan
-Dual swingout rear bumper
-Full floating rear axle, factory solid front axle
-4.88 detroit truetrac limited slip diffs, front and rear, 33" tires (265/75r16)

So far I've taken my rig across the country from Colorado to Pittsburgh, and all over the Northeast/ New England, including New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, northern Ontario, and Quebec. I'm from Pittsburgh, and regularly explore western PA and West Virginia. I'm also big into canoeing and kayaking, and I almost always have a boat on top of my truck.
Hows the progress on your rig?