Calle Oeste, Landete, España
First Name
daniel
Last Name
vilar
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
ea5rc
The main forum to introduce yourself to all members is here , but as I have read in several posts and forums in other regions (I have taken the line of the idea of mid Europe), we should also have a post here for the presentations because as @Rockwilder and @76_overlander says the main forum of presentations has Too much influx of messages.
to use it as a census I think we should all pass through here, even the most veteran people in the region.
I hope it helps !!

regards.
Daniel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
By @Lifestyle Overland :

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

viveen4wd

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

First Name
daniel
Last Name
vilar
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
ea5rc
-Hi i'm daniel from spain.
-I drive a 95' nissan terrano2 whith a camper preparation.
My overland experience is since childhood. It started when I was 4 years old and my father took me fishing in his suzuki SJ413. He taught me survival and bushcraft and everything related to offroad and racing (he ran with a Nissan Patrol SD33 Baja Spain). At 18, I bought a Suzuki Jimny and we prepared it together (now my sister drives it) and I have gone through several trips through Spain in 4x4 and I have owned several 4x4.My dream is a defender 130 pickup but for now the Terrano is behaves well !!
- and this is my rig:
terrano2.jpgIMG_20190815_174523_190.jpgIMG_20190919_161159_618.jpg

76_overlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Biarritz, France
First Name
Angus
Last Name
LastName
Member #

Great thread Daniel, big up for creating this in your area.

I will also introduce myself quickly here as i feel no boundaries between OB regions, living in Biarritz, only 30 minutes away from Spain, and Spain being my favorite and easiest destination to explore.

Driving a Land Cruiser 120 serie and exploring with my wife, our two kids and our dog Otxo. Will post some pictures of my rig and setup when we're back from some offroading in Sierra de Guara :hearteyes:

Cheers !

JDavid

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Porto, Portugal
First Name
JDavid
Last Name
Silva
Member #

Great thread Daniel, big up for creating this in your area.

I will also introduce myself quickly here as i feel no boundaries between OB regions, living in Biarritz, only 30 minutes away from Spain, and Spain being my favorite and easiest destination to explore.

Driving a Land Cruiser 120 serie and exploring with my wife, our two kids and our dog Otxo. Will post some pictures of my rig and setup when we're back from some offroading in Sierra de Guara :hearteyes:

Cheers !
(Though there is something to be said for structuring regions), same here regarding the boundaries and feeling remark.:smirkcat:
Safe travels @76_overlander! Looking forward to those Sierra de Guara pics!

Reactions: 76_overlander

JDavid

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Porto, Portugal
First Name
JDavid
Last Name
Silva
Member #

Here goes!

2) Location: Porto, Portugal
3) Rig: 1992 Land Rover Discovery Tdi (+ moto trailer & two wheeled rigs...)
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Lifelong nature lover & adventurer. Grew up inspired by Paris Dakar + Camel Trophy. Novice in the 4x4 game. Experience mostly on two wheels.

Glad to be here! Looking forward to connecting with cool people and sharing some adventures!

smokybob

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lombardia, Monza e Brianza, Italy
First Name
Mauro
Last Name
Solcia
Member #

Hello

DSC01522.jpg

Northen Italy, Monza (you know... the F1 track)

2017, Ford Ranger 2.2, Limited Crew Cab.
DIY Canopy and drawers allowing me to live off the back of my truck comfortably

4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)
Mostly solo Weekenders to escape from the craziness of work, mostly in the quiet of the mountains; I've experience with mud, steep inclines and loose rocks, but yet to experience driving on sand (almost impossible to do in Italy)

viveen4wd

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

First Name
daniel
Last Name
vilar
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
ea5rc
Hello

View attachment 123795

Northen Italy, Monza (you know... the F1 track)

2017, Ford Ranger 2.2, Limited Crew Cab.
DIY Canopy and drawers allowing me to live off the back of my truck comfortably

Mostly solo Weekenders to escape from the craziness of work, mostly in the quiet of the mountains; I've experience with mud, steep inclines and loose rocks, but yet to experience driving on sand (almost impossible to do in Italy)
The rear box is DIY?? Its amazing.

smokybob

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lombardia, Monza e Brianza, Italy
First Name
Mauro
Last Name
Solcia
Member #

The rear box is DIY?? Its amazing.
Yep, it's pretty light (less than 40Kg) and fairly strong (I can walk on the roof without any strange sound and I weight 70kg).

The bulk of the build took me 175hrs and 800€ in materials, but since I've installed I work on smaller stuff almost every week so I lost count of the hours and money spent.
Sometimes it's frustrating (had problems with water coming in from the windows, than from the side panels, than from the roof, than from the front panel because vibration+heat+rain made a mess of the glue) but I can customize it on the fly with no tools (it's all wood); for example I've added a small staff to secure the tablet/pc on the roof and I can watch movies while laying down on the bed.

It's been almost a year fighting with water infiltration, but I just need to fix 2 small places where water it's still coming in (my fault with the silicon so under heavy rains I have this 2 spots letting in an annoying drop of water every 5 / 10 seconds), and repaint the roof with a coat of protective paint (kid of a layer of liquid plastic because the Rain in milan it's acid and started to strip off the first layer of paint on the roof) and I'm done for a while.

Not that I haven't enjoyed it and the comfort of sleeping off the ground in a decently insulated place, but there were a couple of times when it was raining that I really regretted not having an AluCab; now I have the money to buy one, but until this one fails in some major way, I'm happy with it (ok... maybe add some sound dampening to the roof, better rubber gaskets.... you know... when you build it you are constantly thinking on way to improve it :sweatsmile: ).

98_GVitara_Adventures

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vizela, Portugal
First Name
Miguel
Last Name
Caldas
Member #

Hi fellows!

I'am glad to be a new member of this community. Maybe the first one of my area

[https://i]

I'm from North Portugal

I bought a month ago one 98's Suzuki Grand Vitara 2.0TD

My Overlanding Experience is 0 but I'm really interested in prepare my rig to start having some serious Overland Experience.

For now I bought one CB Radio and a new set of tyres (Hankook Dynopro ATm)

I'll leave here my "amature" YouTube Channel for those who wants to check out my recent trips:

You can also find me at instagram 98_gvitara_adventures

Thank you all

JDavid

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Porto, Portugal
First Name
JDavid
Last Name
Silva
Member #

Welcome to OBmediterranean @98_GVitara_Adventures !

Fun to watch fellow members from PT "rolling into the Overland Bound town".

Again, Nice rig, pics and upgrades. Cool vid! Keep 'em coming. :yum:
(Lovely cross axle situation you got yourselves in, trying to go around that rough section :) )

See you around!

PS that PANDA...eireta so cool!

Last edited:

98_GVitara_Adventures

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vizela, Portugal
First Name
Miguel
Last Name
Caldas
Member #

Welcome to OBmediterranean @98_GVitara_Adventures !

Fun to watch fellow members from PT "rolling into the OB town".

Again, Nice rig, pics and upgrades. Cool vid! Keep 'em coming. :yum:

Cool little cross axle situation you got yourselves in :)

See you around!

PS that 4x4 PANDA...eireta so cool!
That Panda is so fun to drive and at the same time with good offroad skills

Last edited:

OverlandGuide

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Sant Martí Sarroca, España
First Name
Diego
Last Name
Sanz Casasnovas
Member #

Hi everyone I am Diego & I am very happy to be part of this communtity as a rookie.
You'll find me really close to Barcelona, Spain a village called Sant Martí Sarroca.
I currently drive a Dacia Duster TCE 1.6 115CV 4WD & my overlanding background isn't that much so I hope to learn, film & explore with all of you someday!!

Attachments

JDavid

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Porto, Portugal
First Name
JDavid
Last Name
Silva
Member #

Hi everyone I am Diego & I am very happy to be part of this communtity as a rookie.
You'll find me really close to Barcelona, Spain a village called Sant Martí Sarroca.
I currently drive a Dacia Duster TCE 1.6 115CV 4WD & my overlanding background isn't that much so I hope to learn, film & explore with all of you someday!!
Hi Diego,

Benvingut a Overland Bound Mediterrani! ;)
One of the things that brings people together here is precisely that learn and explore together attitude!

Nice and versatile rig, love the orange look! I assume you use it as a daily driver/adventuremobile. Right? How's your experience with it been so far?

Sounds like you're into photo/filmography side of things. If that is the case, there are dedicated threads in the forum you may enjoy browsing/participating.
Feel free to share your own pics and movies, as surely there will be interest for your own unique point of view.

Keep on adventuring!
David