• HTML tutorial

StoneBeanCoffee

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Clinton,NJ 08801
Member #

Greetings,
My wife and dog are heading out west for a adventure and are feeling overwhelmed with trying to pick locations to explor and camp using apps, YouTube and the web as planing tools. We will arrive in Colorado on May 30th (Via I70) and then need to be in Salt Lake City on the 6th of June. My wife will fly back to NJ and I will take another week or so to explore before making my way back east. We plan stay in a hotel in The Denver area on the 30th and then mix camping , hotels & motels until Salt Lake. We really want to explore the Ouray area & attempt a few passes or the alpine loop if they are open. Cross over to Utah and camp somewhere overlooking the canyons, run a few trails in Moab then be in SL by the night of the 5th.
We would appreciate any advice to help us narrow in on a few key places where we can camp around Ouray, Utah canyons land / Moab area. We are also open to suggestions on other places, tracks & trails to explore in the area. This is our first time west in the USA & her first time camping so no mater what it should be exciting.
~Thanks

Etoimos

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

There is not much likely to be open in the Ouray area this early in the year. There was not as much snow fall as normal this past winter, so a few trails are opening already though. Check out Switzerland of America's site for the most up to date trail info for Ouray.

If you SLC is just the departure point for our wife, I would suggest hitting the Moab area first and then doing Ouray. The extra week could really help on the number of open trails. Your wife could fly back out of Denver instead.

Reactions: StoneBeanCoffee