New in Colorado!

• HTML tutorial

JuicyCarp

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Windsor, Colorado
Member #

Good morning all, new member here in Colorado!

My buddy and I have decided there is just too much unseen wilderness out there, and we are too old to walk and see it all! So, overlanding seemed like a reasonable compromise. We have spent the summer getting out and seeing new local areas, getting our families involved, and mostly trying to convince our wives that yes, all this equipment is necessary!

I drive a 2017 GMY Yukon XL, which is a pretty good-sized rig and it has its haters. However, I can load up my family of 5, 2 dogs, all our gear, full size matress in the back, and there hasn’t been a place we haven’t been able to get to yet! I am sure there is much to learn, and I am pretty excited to learn from everyone on the forum, and hopefully make a few more friends in the process.

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW

My buddy and I have decided there is just too much unseen wilderness out there, and we are too old to walk and see it all! So, overlanding seemed like a reasonable compromise. We have spent the summer getting out and seeing new local areas, getting our families involved, and mostly trying to convince our wives that yes, all this equipment is necessary!

I drive a 2017 GMY Yukon XL, which is a pretty good-sized rig and it has its haters. However, I can load up my family of 5, 2 dogs, all our gear, full size matress in the back, and there hasn’t been a place we haven’t been able to get to yet! I am sure there is much to learn, and I am pretty excited to learn from everyone on the forum, and hopefully make a few more friends in the process.

Welcome!

I have a blast in my 02 Avalanche so no hating here!

IMG_20180903_090556_767.jpeg

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Nice! I think the Jeeps get a little cranky sometimes. You know, when we are on trail, its 95 degrees, and I have those nice vented seats and all!

We drive what works, this works for me!
I've done my share of Jeeping so no hating there either.

I've had this Chevy since late 2001. I don't even know what vented seats are!

BTW, Pueblo West here. I haven't heard of a front range Meetup for a few months.

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

I am from the Fort Collins area of Colorado. Spend alot of time in the woods. Have a 2017 Ram 1500 it gets tinkered with a bunch. Nothing extreme but cover groundIMG_4172.JPG

More of the weekend warrior these days.

Last edited:

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello and welcome to the OB crew...great looking Yukon and look forward to seeing your build and your adventures. Great pics

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

@JuicyCarp
Good morning all, new member here in Colorado! ...
Welcome from another Colorado member.

Colorado active on here? Has Colorado had any meetups or anything yet?
Keep an eye on the Rally Point board ( https://www.overlandbound.com/event/?region=Rocky Mountain ) Been kinda slow over the summer with everyone out doing their thing, Last fall / winter there were monthly meetups to get together and talk, hang out and discuss everyone's plans and adventures. IIRC @Gary Bzzz and @JDGreens were setting them up at the time.

The good news is if there are not any events near you ... you can post an event and invite folks too. :D You've got plenty of good brew pubs and hangouts with large parking lots near ya in FTC / Windsor last time I was through that part of the state.

Boort

Reactions: Roam_CO85

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

L
@JuicyCarp

Welcome from another Colorado member.

Keep an eye on the Rally Point board ( https://www.overlandbound.com/event/?region=Rocky Mountain ) Been kinda slow over the summer with everyone out doing their thing, Last fall / winter there were monthly meetups to get together and talk, hang out and discuss everyone's plans and adventures. IIRC @Gary Bzzz and @JDGreens were setting them up at the time.

The good news is if there are not any events near you ... you can post an event and invite folks too. :D You've got plenty of good brew pubs and hangouts with large parking lots near ya in FTC / Windsor last time I was through that part of the state.

Boort
lots of breweries in the area. Grab a rock and throw er in ether direction youll hit one! Well have to get something going! Were all here to party!

S

SubeeBen

Welcome from San Diego Ca. Looooove Colorado. Elk hunt there every year in Delores/Durango are as well San Juan N.F. Near jersey Jim tower. Your very blessed to live in such wonderful & amazing state. Keep up the posts & pictures to keep me drooling also beautiful looking rig !

Reactions: JuicyCarp

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
Welcome. Hope to meet you sometime. Currently I am working out of state in DC and only get home to Loveland, Colorado a few days every couple of months. Hope to be home Thanksgiving week. Maybe we could do a Meet and Greet.

Reactions: JuicyCarp