GordyP

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
First Name
Gordon
Last Name
Pomp
Hey all, I’m new here and am looking to get out more. I drive a 1978 International Scout with an LS conversion. I currently live in the Bay Area and in addition to off-roading I enjoy scuba diving, surfing, mountain biking, sailing and hiking.

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hey all, I’m new here and am looking to get out more. I drive a 1978 International Scout with an LS conversion. I currently live in the Bay Area and in addition to off-roading I enjoy scuba diving, surfing, mountain biking, sailing and hiking.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Although everything is currently on pause, check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

If you have any questions message your Member Representative @PapaDave or me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

Reactions: PapaDave

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Wow the thumbnail of your scout looks impressive! Welcome to OLB, hope you are staying warm over there in RWC. I am across the bay from you and I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through November. Our next meet up might be online again for May, but check out the forum thread and there’ll be regular updates there

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

GordyP

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
First Name
Gordon
Last Name
Pomp
Awesome to be here! Look forward to getting to some of the meetups and exploring. Don’t be fooled by the picture of the scout. She has the typical rust which I haven’t gotten to yet but am not overly concerned by it and I need to work on the interior. Mechanically she has been completely redone so that was my big effort. Fun truck for sure.

Reactions: PapaDave and Narbob

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Awesome to be here! Look forward to getting to some of the meetups and exploring. Don’t be fooled by the picture of the scout. She has the typical rust which I haven’t gotten to yet but am not overly concerned by it and I need to work on the interior. Mechanically she has been completely redone so that was my big effort. Fun truck for sure.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Although everything is currently on pause, check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

If you have any questions message your Member Representative @PapaDave or me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

• Angry
Reactions: PapaDave

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Any chance you can post some pictures of the engine bay?