New Here From Sunny FL!

• HTML tutorial

Josh York

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey guys looking tog et back into overlanding. I used to have a 2007 4runner I loved I had sold it for my current Fiesta ST track/ daily driver. I am looking to sell it soon and buy another vehicle to make an overlander. I miss taking trips with my wife and kids and venturing around FL. I am kicking around ideas of a few different vehilces and was wanting some input/ pros and cons on them. I am stuck between a Ford F-150, Jeep Wrangler 2DR, Toyota 4Runner, Toyota Tacoma. These will also double as a daily driver ( about 60 miles a day ).

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey guys looking tog et back into overlanding. I used to have a 2007 4runner I loved I had sold it for my current Fiesta ST track/ daily driver. I am looking to sell it soon and buy another vehicle to make an overlander. I miss taking trips with my wife and kids and venturing around FL. I am kicking around ideas of a few different vehilces and was wanting some input/ pros and cons on them. I am stuck between a Ford F-150, Jeep Wrangler 2DR, Toyota 4Runner, Toyota Tacoma. These will also double as a daily driver ( about 60 miles a day ).
Hi Josh and welcome to OB! I'm partial to the Wrangler as I have a 94 YJ that I live out of. But all your choices are good ones, whichever one you choose! Outfit and Explore! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

GreyWolf

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Springtown Texas
Member #

The 4 runner and Tacoma I think would be winners, next the jeep. There are so many bolt on parts for over landing for those. The Toyotas would get the most mpg's for commuting, and their reliability on and off road is amazing! But what ever you choose my friend, as long as it gets you and your family out in the wild safely, is a good choice.

Daniel Etter

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fishers, IN
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Etter
Member #

Welcome to OB! Hose are great choices for overlanding rigs! They all have different characteristics that suit individual needs, so understanding what you are wanting to do with it (i.e. Sleeping in it, towing, etc.) will help narrow down the options.

U

UgotWheelz

GO FIST! I am looking at getting another used FIST now. Throw on a set of 3" lift gravel coilovers from Yellowspeed, a mild tune and some bolt ons, a skidplate and you are ready to rally the hell out the fIST offroad. Need more capability add a Torsen LSD! Bullet proof rally and road racing proven FISTS are under rated and have monstrous aftermarket support.