Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

New to this site from Seattle, I go out just about every weekend, whether it be via the Jeep or the bike.

Welcome, from the other side of the state! Where are your pictures from and what areas do you frequent the most? There is a group that does camp outs and meetups around the Seattle area and we have a newish group here in the Tri Cities that was just getting going before the world shut down... curiosity question, why the winch line to a tree in camp? Dog run? Sasquatch trip line?

William.fox

Rank 0

Contributor I

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
William
Last Name
Fox
Welcome, from the other side of the state! Where are your pictures from and what areas do you frequent the most? There is a group that does camp outs and meetups around the Seattle area and we have a newish group here in the Tri Cities that was just getting going before the world shut down... curiosity question, why the winch line to a tree in camp? Dog run? Sasquatch trip line?
Both pictures are from the Ellensburg area and for sure that's my favorite and most frequent area. I've done the WABDR, IDBDR and some Oregon BDR stuff mostly on the bike. My girlfriend loves to camp and this year I'll be doing a ton more exploring in the Jeep. The winch line was my makeshift dog run but I suppose it can be used as a samsqanch deterrent.

JustinH

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Seattle, WA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Hartley
Member #

Welcome from South Seattle! Hope you're hanging in there and thanks for sharing. Stay safe out there.

Cheers,
Justin

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
New to this site from Seattle, I go out just about every weekend, whether it be via the Jeep or the bike.

Welcome William ,
I am the Northwest Regional Director for Overland Bound. @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest Member Representative.

Due to “Social Distancing” and “Shelter In Place” practices during the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have temporarily postponed group meetups, trail rides, and Campouts. Instead the Northwest Member Rep Team has incorporated weekly conference calls each Sunday at 7:30 PM PST (8:30) Mountain Time). A full list with scheduling can be found at Sunday Night Regional Conference Call

Welcome once again
Stay well, stay safe

Mike Rose
NW Director
Overland Bound

Yngvepau

Rank I

Traveler I

Seattle
First Name
Yngve
Last Name
Paulsen
Member #

New to overlanding, and would love to meet up with likeminded individuals. Are there any organized events in this area now that it looks like Covid restrictions are reduced?