Launch Member

Member III

Lovettsville, VA
First Name
Roland
Last Name
Woldt
Member #

I was looking around this forum for quite some time now, and registered a few weeks ago, so I thought it is good idea to write a couple of lines to introduce myself.

I am living in Northern VA (Loudoun County) since about 11 years when my family and I moved to the US from Germany. After having settled in and the boys grew a bit older, we went to look for a mini van and left the dealership with a brand new Jeep JKU back in 2011 :-) This thing has almost 150k on the clock by now, and both boys learned to drive stick on it.
It is my second Wrangler after having a YJ back in the 90s for 8 years - and yes, I am one of the three people in the world who gets warm and fuzzy feelings when seeing square headlights. For reasons that I cannot recall anymore today I sold it, and now wish I had it back ... but oh well ...

Anyways, the JK is the better Jeep in all areas, and I have upgraded it with a 2.5" lift, 33' mud terrains (Cooper STTs first, and now Dick Cepecs), and a Warrior Products roof rack, that goes along nicely with a hatchback soft top.

When overlanding, we are using a small teardrop trailer with a side tent, that is actually twice the size of the teardrop, and we have done trips with it to the local shores in MD, VA and NC, as well as longer trips to New England and the maiden voyage to UT, NV, AZ when it was new in 2012.

For this year, we are planning another long trip to the Grant Tetons, but our idea this time is to add a bed rack and RTT to our F150.

-Roland

39446232155_3e473b1a28_z.jpg

Last edited:

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Welcome from Arlington, VA!

We’ve been getting together the last few months, about once a month, for meetups and rides. Be sure to check out to Northern VA/Maryland Meetups thread!

Or hit me up!

Rolando

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Lovettsville, VA
First Name
Roland
Last Name
Woldt
Member #

Welcome from Arlington, VA!

We’ve been getting together the last few months, about once a month, for meetups and rides. Be sure to check out to Northern VA/Maryland Meetups thread!

Or hit me up!
That is a good idea. I will have a look. Thanks!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

I was looking around this forum for quite some time now, and registered a few weeks ago, so I thought it is good idea to write a couple of lines to introduce myself.

I am living in Northern VA (Loudoun County) since about 11 years when my family and I moved to the US from Germany. After having settled in and the boys grew a bit older, we went to look for a mini van and left the dealership with a brand new Jeep JKU back in 2011 :-) This thing has almost 150k on the clock by now, and both boys learned to drive stick on it.
It is my second Wrangler after having a YJ back in the 90s for 8 years - and yes, I am one of the three people in the world who gets warm and fuzzy feelings when seeing square headlights. For reasons that I cannot recall anymore today I sold it, and now wish I had it back ... but oh well ...

Anyways, the JK is the better Jeep in all areas, and I have upgraded it with a 2.5" lift, 33' mud terrains (Cooper STTs first, and now Dick Cepecs), and a Warrior Products roof rack, that goes along nicely with a hatchback soft top.

When overlanding, we are using a small teardrop trailer with a side tent, that is actually twice the size of the teardrop, and we have done trips with it to the local shores in MD, VA and NC, as well as longer trips to New England and the maiden voyage to UT, NV, AZ when it was new in 2012.

For this year, we are planning another long trip to the Grant Tetons, but our idea this time is to add a bed rack and RTT to our F150.

-Roland
Hello Roland and welcome to the OB crew....great looking Jeep and look forward to seeing your build and your adventures.

Reactions: Rolando

Landsat8

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Greetings,

I’m new as well. I live in Arlington, VA and drive a 2017 F150 Supercrew 4x4 with a 3.5 EcoBoost. It is stock with the exception of 285/70/r17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W’s which were installed last week. Im installing some OEM skid plates in the near future and a leveling kit may be in the works.

Rolando

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Lovettsville, VA
First Name
Roland
Last Name
Woldt
Member #

Greetings,

I’m new as well. I live in Arlington, VA and drive a 2017 F150 Supercrew 4x4 with a 3.5 EcoBoost. It is stock with the exception of 285/70/r17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W’s which were installed last week. Im installing some OEM skid plates in the near future and a leveling kit may be in the works.
How do you like th e Falkens? My F150 (2016) has a bit more than 50k and desperately needs a new set of tires. But I can't get my wife to agree to MTs as i have them on the Jeep...

Landsat8

Rank II

Enthusiast III

How do you like th e Falkens? My F150 (2016) has a bit more than 50k and desperately needs a new set of tires. But I can't get my wife to agree to MTs as i have them on the Jeep...
I really like them so far. They have not been off pavement yet though. Noise is minimal and they are grippier than the Wrangers I had on before. No rubbing with the 285/70/r17 on a stock 4x4 with plenty of room for suspension travel. They were $189 shipped which was agreeable to my wallet. I even sprung for a full size spare.

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

-Roland
Roland, Welcome to OLB and the East Region!

If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me.

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/
Looking for the U.S. East Forum? Check this link:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/u-s-east-va-wv-md-de-nj-pa-ny-ct-ri-ma-nh-vt-me.83/

Welding Goats

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Ronn
Last Name
Reeger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXB227
... and yes, I am one of the three people in the world who gets warm and fuzzy feelings when seeing square headlights. ...

-Roland
Welcome to the forum from West Texas. I found the quip about square headlights quite amusing. :-)

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

-Roland
Welcome to Overland Bound.
The Grand Tetons NP is my favorite park for wildlife viewing, have a great trip.

Rolando

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Lovettsville, VA
First Name
Roland
Last Name
Woldt
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound.
The Grand Tetons NP is my favorite park for wildlife viewing, have a great trip.
Thanks. I am looking forward to that trip. Now I just need to find something to visit on the way to there ... The National Parks are "America's best idea" for sure. So much to see and do.

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Welcome Rolando, from another NOVA member, here in Alexandria. I love exploring the many gravel roads of Loudon County! As others have already mentioned, it's pretty active around here with meetups and trips, both here locally, and within the Mid-Atlantic. Looking forward to meeting you!

I also laughed at your "square headlights" comment! I was just in a conversation with a coworker today about my like of square headlighted Jeeps lol.

Enjoy the Tetons. One of the most beautiful places I've ever visited, for sure.