Nathan
Last Name
Christopherson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
NA2MC
Service Branch
Army
Looking to plan a trip to New Hampshire for spring of 2022, looking for some advice on local class VI roads. We plan to wheel the Jericho Mountain State Park so looking for roads in Northern New Hampshire or a great overloading route that goes from North to South. Thank you in advance for any information you may have.

v/r

Nate

RJ Howell

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Auburn, NH USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Howell
Member #

Others may know more, yet I do believe Jericho is mainly ATV. A great guide to base a run on is the NEBDR and work from there. I do several runs as I live in NH and about to embark on another starting tomorrow. NH will bring Tar, dirt and Class 6 into play yet expect to do each along the way.

I live in Auburn NH (southern east side) and have routes that takes me 4 days to reach the border. Each portion runs the east side of NH and is stock 4x capable.

So the question is... What do you wish to see/do while here? Probably can direct you in a path.

Safe Travels!

Reactions: Dusther210

El Viking

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

New York, NY, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Christopherson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
NA2MC
Service Branch
Army
Others may know more, yet I do believe Jericho is mainly ATV. A great guide to base a run on is the NEBDR and work from there. I do several runs as I live in NH and about to embark on another starting tomorrow. NH will bring Tar, dirt and Class 6 into play yet expect to do each along the way.

I live in Auburn NH (southern east side) and have routes that takes me 4 days to reach the border. Each portion runs the east side of NH and is stock 4x capable.

So the question is... What do you wish to see/do while here? Probably can direct you in a path.

Safe Travels!
Thank you for the prompt reply. Currently one of my friends is at the Jericho Mountain Park, looks like a couple days worth of trails. For our spring trip it might be dedicated to Jericho Mountain. I would definitely be interested in your Southern routes as we would love to do a true overland trip next year as well.

v/r

Nate

Reactions: Dusther210

El Viking

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

New York, NY, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Christopherson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
NA2MC
Service Branch
Army

Safe Travels!
Hope you are doing well. Couple of us are heading to Jericho Mt in June. Going to hit the Jeep trails at Jericho Mt one day and would love advice on other “roads” in that area. We will be staying at a hipcamp about an hour from the state park.

RJ Howell

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Auburn, NH USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Howell
Member #

The number one trail I recommend is the Hamster! A bit on pavement on this route, yet at least byways! I especially like the run Errol to Pittsburg! South of Errol (north out of the Jericho area) I vary from the Hampster and I haven't run that portion as of yet and if you do, please let me know what you think.

Near Berlin NH I like staying over in Evans Notch. It's another part of the White Mountain NF and much less traffic. Some free spots but rater hard to get one and the NF sites are cheap enough and well maintained. If you include Mt Washington in this run, go for Barnes Field vs. Dolly Copp proper. They paved paradise at Dolly Copp proper! The Field is still cool!

Another route is to follow the NEBDR North East Backcountry Discovery Route (NEBDR) Map & Information I linked their website so you can see it goes a whole lot further than just NE! I used then as a guide to explore along the Blue Ridge Mountains last year!
The NEBDR mixes pavement to single track, so some areas (especially southern) you may need to route around.

Gotta run, but ill get back to this!

Attachments

RJ Howell

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Auburn, NH USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Howell
Member #

NEBDR runs into some nice sections of Maine and if you have the time, following as it returns to NH looks pretty cool. I've only run portions of this in Maine. I would thought use the Hamster exiting Northern NH as it travels the section between Pittsburg & Errol I really like !

Reactions: El Viking

El Viking

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

New York, NY, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Christopherson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
NA2MC
Service Branch
Army
NEBDR runs into some nice sections of Maine and if you have the time, following as it returns to NH looks pretty cool. I've only run portions of this in Maine. I would thought use the Hamster exiting Northern NH as it travels the section between Pittsburg & Errol I really like !
Great, thank you.

RJ Howell

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Auburn, NH USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Howell
Member #

What part of NY you coming out of? I'd be hard pressed not to follow the BDR through MA/VT and enter NH from the west. Follow that to the top of the state Rhubarb Pond and work the Hamster south till you need the highway to beat feet home. A lot of really good territory! The BDR goes through Gorham, NH and that's just south of the Jericho area.

Reactions: El Viking

El Viking

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

New York, NY, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Christopherson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
NA2MC
Service Branch
Army
What part of NY you coming out of? I'd be hard pressed not to follow the BDR through MA/VT and enter NH from the west. Follow that to the top of the state Rhubarb Pond and work the Hamster south till you need the highway to beat feet home. A lot of really good territory! The BDR goes through Gorham, NH and that's just south of the Jericho area.
I am coming out of NYC although I keep my Patriot Camper near Ellenville so swing through there coming and going.