Rank II

Contributor III

Lebanon, OH, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Carpenter
Member #

Hey everyone. Just got my packet in the last few days and wanted to check in to say hi. My wife and I are building my 2013 F-150 into a nice travel/camping rig for us and our 3 kids. I have built a CJ, TJ and a 2005 Frontier Nismo. With 3 kids on the move and a business we went for a full size truck about 8 years ago.

We call SW Ohio home (go Reds!) but love to travel between Baseball/softball seasons. I spent my college years competitive Mountainbike racing across the country, around the mid-west and Appalachian states. Will likely have to find some unique ways of getting all our bikes on the rack or hitch but one thing is for sure...I need all my bikes with me. We will see when that time comes. See you around.

Attachments

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey everyone. Just got my packet in the last few days and wanted to check in to say hi. My wife and I are building my 2013 F-150 into a nice travel/camping rig for us and our 3 kids. I have built a CJ, TJ and a 2005 Frontier Nismo. With 3 kids on the move and a business we went for a full size truck about 8 years ago.

We call SW Ohio home (go Reds!) but love to travel between Baseball/softball seasons. I spent my college years competitive Mountainbike racing across the country, around the mid-west and Appalachian states. Will likely have to find some unique ways of getting all our bikes on the rack or hitch but one thing is for sure...I need all my bikes with me. We will see when that time comes. See you around.
Hello Rob, welcome from Phoenix.

Reactions: OhioExplorer

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound Rob
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland & @James.Laidlaw
Here is a page you might be interested in;
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

OhioExplorer

Rank II

Contributor III

Lebanon, OH, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Carpenter
Member #

Hello Rob, welcome from Phoenix.
Love riding in Phoenix. We have friends out there and visit once or twice a year, usually during spring training. Was out there in November as a stopping point to do a R3 in the Grand Canyon.