Clovis, CA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Thissell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRMP824
Feeling a bit lazy so I just cut and pasted my original post from the new members introductions thread....lol

Hey everyone...

Been a member for a couple months now but was a bit busy with life, and had some technical problems with getting on the forums, but had a whole lot of my time freed up recently (Broke up with girlfriend ) so here I am...

I'm Jeremy
My Baby is "Betsie" She is a 2018 Ram 2500 HD 4x4 Laramie
she came with the 20" wheels on 33" shoes but I cut the pinch welds and used a heat gun to mold the fender and lining back on the front fenders to fit 37" can't even tell anything was done
got her a 2.5 level kit in front
she has air bags in back
did the 50 gal. Titan fuel tank upgrade (wanna go further for longer) I wanna do the 30 gal. spare tire well tank next!!
brand new Snug Top, windoors with slides on the sides, USB outlets at the tail gate, and yakama tracks on top for a future rack, wing awning, and lighting system.
full bed carpet
Last but not least, I got her the Road Armor Stealth front bumper with 4 Westin crazy bright LED fogs, and a 12k Warn wench with synthetic rope that will protect my babies grill. Think I have to go bigger on the wench though... (popped the drum rope set bolt tryin to pull her out of deep snow last weekend up at Bald Mt.)
That is pretty much it.... For now... gotta financially recover from what I've already done... and I mean YIKES!!!
My last trip up to Bald Mt. reminded me I should of done the lockers, and got bead lock rims before anything...lol

So a little about me...

I LOVE being outdoors!!! I live in beautiful Clovis California which is literally a stones throw from some of the most beautiful places California has to offer!!! Sadly though, I have lived here for over 7 years and I can bearly count on both hands how many times and places I've been to in the Central Valley... I've never liked going out alone, and have missed out on too much the last 7 years and my life for that matter because of it (safety concerns)... I started going out alone for short hikes and the like locally the last couple years, and last weekends trip up the (Jeep trail) to Bald Mt. summit was my first solo trail trip. Didn't think I was going to make it several times, but I tackled each obstacle as they came and got up there... Was completely EXHILARATING every step of the way..... But the summit..... OH reaching the summit brought tears to my eyes!!!!! natures wondrous beauty laying out before me!!!!! , just would of been way better to share in the experience with like minded people!!!

Sooooooo That is why I am here... As you can tell, I can talk...lol, and I love to met new interesting people who enjoy the outdoors as much as I do who can also carry a conversation... if you can't, no worries because I am always filled with questions when I don't know or understand something...lol. I wouldn't say im a novice because I will head out to the deserts of Sothern California where I'm from any time any where down there, but big mountains, big trees, and everything that comes with it I could use some pointers and welcome any and all experiences that will expand my knowledge. I'm not a big drinker, but around the camp fire after a good day out in nature I'll enjoy a few. Drinking while trail riding I shy away from, and that's when Pappa bear comes out... I am VERY safety conscious, and will always look out for anyone who is with me.

I am very excited to be a part of Overland Bound, and soooo look forward to meeting new people, exchanging knowledge/experiences/life enrichments, and enjoying natures beauty with everyone I can. Please feel free to contact me anytime if your local to me!!!

Take care, stay safe, and tread lightly

A couple pix from my Bald Mt. trip:

Attachments

HX-6

Rank I

Contributor III

Lewistown, MT, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Green
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD6IAI
Feeling a bit lazy so I just cut and pasted my original post from the new members introductions thread....lol

Hey everyone...

Been a member for a couple months now but was a bit busy with life, and had some technical problems with getting on the forums, but had a whole lot of my time freed up recently (Broke up with girlfriend ) so here I am...

I'm Jeremy
My Baby is "Betsie" She is a 2018 Ram 2500 HD 4x4 Laramie
she came with the 20" wheels on 33" shoes but I cut the pinch welds and used a heat gun to mold the fender and lining back on the front fenders to fit 37" can't even tell anything was done
got her a 2.5 level kit in front
she has air bags in back
did the 50 gal. Titan fuel tank upgrade (wanna go further for longer) I wanna do the 30 gal. spare tire well tank next!!
brand new Snug Top, windoors with slides on the sides, USB outlets at the tail gate, and yakama tracks on top for a future rack, wing awning, and lighting system.
full bed carpet
Last but not least, I got her the Road Armor Stealth front bumper with 4 Westin crazy bright LED fogs, and a 12k Warn wench with synthetic rope that will protect my babies grill. Think I have to go bigger on the wench though... (popped the drum rope set bolt tryin to pull her out of deep snow last weekend up at Bald Mt.)
That is pretty much it.... For now... gotta financially recover from what I've already done... and I mean YIKES!!!
My last trip up to Bald Mt. reminded me I should of done the lockers, and got bead lock rims before anything...lol

So a little about me...

I LOVE being outdoors!!! I live in beautiful Clovis California which is literally a stones throw from some of the most beautiful places California has to offer!!! Sadly though, I have lived here for over 7 years and I can bearly count on both hands how many times and places I've been to in the Central Valley... I've never liked going out alone, and have missed out on too much the last 7 years and my life for that matter because of it (safety concerns)... I started going out alone for short hikes and the like locally the last couple years, and last weekends trip up the (Jeep trail) to Bald Mt. summit was my first solo trail trip. Didn't think I was going to make it several times, but I tackled each obstacle as they came and got up there... Was completely EXHILARATING every step of the way..... But the summit..... OH reaching the summit brought tears to my eyes!!!!! natures wondrous beauty laying out before me!!!!! , just would of been way better to share in the experience with like minded people!!!

Sooooooo That is why I am here... As you can tell, I can talk...lol, and I love to met new interesting people who enjoy the outdoors as much as I do who can also carry a conversation... if you can't, no worries because I am always filled with questions when I don't know or understand something...lol. I wouldn't say im a novice because I will head out to the deserts of Sothern California where I'm from any time any where down there, but big mountains, big trees, and everything that comes with it I could use some pointers and welcome any and all experiences that will expand my knowledge. I'm not a big drinker, but around the camp fire after a good day out in nature I'll enjoy a few. Drinking while trail riding I shy away from, and that's when Pappa bear comes out... I am VERY safety conscious, and will always look out for anyone who is with me.

I am very excited to be a part of Overland Bound, and soooo look forward to meeting new people, exchanging knowledge/experiences/life enrichments, and enjoying natures beauty with everyone I can. Please feel free to contact me anytime if your local to me!!!

Take care, stay safe, and tread lightly

A couple pix from my Bald Mt. trip:
Nice truck, I have the Warn 16.5 on my work truck and have done a lot of winching. It came with the big 7/16" steel cable and was hard to drag up the hill so I switched it over to the synthetic rope. I have also run short on the rope and pulled it off the reel so now I carry three long straps because most of the time I just need to move the truck 5 to 10 feet but the anchor points are a long way away. My Overland Suburban has the M8274 with 150 feet of cable but it is only 8000lbs. Tough choice to go big or go long.

Reactions: DieselRamOverlander

DieselRamOverlander

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Clovis, CA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Thissell
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRMP824
Nice truck, I have the Warn 16.5 on my work truck and have done a lot of winching. It came with the big 7/16" steel cable and was hard to drag up the hill so I switched it over to the synthetic rope. I have also run short on the rope and pulled it off the reel so now I carry three long straps because most of the time I just need to move the truck 5 to 10 feet but the anchor points are a long way away. My Overland Suburban has the M8274 with 150 feet of cable but it is only 8000lbs. Tough choice to go big or go long.
Thanx Brother!!! yeah.... I knew at the back of my mind that I should of gone bigger on the wench, but I was hoping it would be enough!!! hindsight is always 20/20 though...lol. Now I just gotta find a bigger one that will fit in my bumper, and won't break the bank...