Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
Hey everyone, name is Dillon. Im born and raised in Spokane Washington and other than the 4 years of active duty (Air Force as an aircraft structural and corrosion control technician) I served have lived here my whole life (though my active duty didnt take me far, 6 months in the South and the rest in Tacoma WA). I have done a fair bit of traveling but most of it has been in the Northwest (to include BC). I have always had a love for the outdoors and my high school summers were spent doing back country trail maintenance for the Forest Service through the Boy Scouts high adventure program. As part of that I received the BSA historic trails award and the 50 miler award (3 times actually, twice on foot and once in a canoe). I currently work as a heavy duty truck mechanic for the local Caterpillar dealership. Yes that means Im one of those "go to" mechanical types that can figure anything out (I have worked on everything from 50cc scooters to 1710 cubic inch V12 diesels and have a fair bit of axle and transmission experience in both light and heavy duty rigs), I not only like mechanical work but it is also somewhat of a talent of mine. I really have a mind for all things mechanical. But keeping my link to the wilderness and trying to make things better I have been an active volunteer with the Spokane River Keeper where I assist with water quality sample and data collection (we actually just won a lawsuit against the EPA due to these efforts, really exciting stuff).
I used to be really heavy into building serious off road rigs and doing lots of really dumb stuff that resulted in lots of broken parts, thats not where Im at anymore. Really my goal here is just to get out a bit more, on low challenge dirt and explore. Im fairly limited these days by my lack of camping gear, responsibilities to home and family, and my vehicle (05 Ford Escape) so Im just hoping to be able to do some day trips with local members and become part of a community. I am also a big shooting sports guy (mostly pistol) and Im really into beer (honestly more about the traditions, history, and process than the drinking).

Last edited:

Joe Baker

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Yelm, Washington
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Baker
Member #

Hey everyone, name is Dillon. Im born and raised in Spokane Washington and other than the 4 years of active duty (Air Force as an aircraft structural and corrosion control technician) I served have lived here my whole life (though my active duty didnt take me far, 6 months in the South and the rest in Tacoma WA). I have done a fair bit of traveling but most of it has been in the Northwest (to include BC). I have always had a love for the outdoors and my high school summers were spent doing back country trail maintenance for the Forest Service through the Boy Scouts high adventure program. As part of that I received the BSA historic trails award and the 50 miler award (3 times actually, twice on foot and once in a canoe). I currently work as a heavy duty truck mechanic for the local Caterpillar dealership. Yes that means Im one of those "go to" mechanical types that can figure anything out (I have worked on everything from 50cc scooters to 1710 cubic inch V12 diesels and have a fair bit of axle and transmission experience in both light and heavy duty rigs), I not only like mechanical work but it is also somewhat of a talent of mine. I really have a mind for all things mechanical. But keeping my link to the wilderness and trying to make things better I have been an active volunteer with the Spokane River Keeper where I assist with water quality sample and data collection (we actually just won a lawsuit against the EPA due to these efforts, really exciting stuff).
I used to be really heavy into building serious off road rigs and doing lots of really dumb stuff that resulted in lots of broken parts, thats not where Im at anymore. Really my goal here is just to get out a bit more, on low challenge dirt and explore. Im fairly limited these days by my lack of camping gear, responsibilities to home and family, and my vehicle (05 Ford Escape) so Im just hoping to be able to do some day trips with local members and become part of a community. I am also a big shooting sports guy (mostly pistol) and Im really into beer (honestly more about the traditions, history, and process than the drinking).
Welcome to OB. I to have served in the military (Army) 23 years retired. I've traveled the world and seen some epic places as well. If your ever in Yelm, WA look me up.

Sent from my SM-G920V using OB Talk mobile app

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound! The Inland-northwest meet-up conference call happens the third Sunday of the month, and they are also having several trail runs this summer. If your interested here is the forum link.https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/inland-northwest-conference-call-06-17-2018.13703/

S

SubeeBen

Welcome from San Diego Ca. Thank you for your service as well. Welcome to OB & best of wishes with your adventures

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Welcome from Ferndale, WA. Always great to have another Washington member!