Launch Member

Member I

VA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
C
Member #

Hey guys. My name is Justin. Former army, currently in Fredericksburg VA. Been creeping around and I’m thinking about getting into the overland thing. I drive a 2015 JKU rubicon. Haven’t done much work to her yet, just a roof rack I use for fishing rods. Other than that looking forward to it. 54569569611__1B09864C-2178-432E-8176-DEAC07F0F467.JPG

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey guys. My name is Justin. Former army, currently in Fredericksburg VA. Been creeping around and I’m thinking about getting into the overland thing. I drive a 2015 JKU rubicon. Haven’t done much work to her yet, just a roof rack I use for fishing rods. Other than that looking forward to it. View attachment 71065
Hello Justin and welcome to the OB crew...good looking Jeep and look forward to seeing your build and your adventures. Thank you for your service and your sacrifice.

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
Jeep wave from Austin, TX. You don’t need to do a lot to a Rubicon, to make it a great Overlanding rig.

Reactions: sabjku

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Hey Justin! Welcome, and thank you for your service as well! I'm another NOVA member myself. The DMV area is actually becoming quite active on here, and with meetups and events off the site as well. We just had a nice group head down to Blue Ridge Overland Gear this past weekend for their swap meet and camping. It was a great time!

A couple things coming up that you may want to consider if you're not aware:

Oct 19-21 James River Rooftop Tent Rally
Nov 9-11 Overland Expo East in Ashville, NC

We have a number of members headed to both events from this area. You should consider going if you can!

Also, check out the Regional section on here, and jump into the East section, as well as the Trips and Events/OB Meetups/NOVA MD Monthly Meetups.....that's become very active recently!

Hope to see you out there!

*Also, highly jealous of your Anvil! I miss my old Anvil JKU!

Reactions: BWSracing

Nomad_JK

Rank III
Launch Member

Member I

VA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
C
Member #

Hey Justin! Welcome, and thank you for your service as well! I'm another NOVA member myself. The DMV area is actually becoming quite active on here, and with meetups and events off the site as well. We just had a nice group head down to Blue Ridge Overland Gear this past weekend for their swap meet and camping. It was a great time!

A couple things coming up that you may want to consider if you're not aware:

Oct 19-21 James River Rooftop Tent Rally
Nov 9-11 Overland Expo East in Ashville, NC

We have a number of members headed to both events from this area. You should consider going if you can!

Also, check out the Regional section on here, and jump into the East section, as well as the Trips and Events/OB Meetups/NOVA MD Monthly Meetups.....that's become very active recently!

Hope to see you out there!

*Also, highly jealous of your Anvil! I miss my old Anvil JKU!
Thanks man! I’ll definitely try to check that out. And yeah I love that color!

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Thanks man! I’ll definitely try to check that out. And yeah I love that color!
Good deal. Let us know if you think you want to caravan down for any of those events. We'll be making pitstops along the way.

Nomad_JK

Rank III
Launch Member

Member I

VA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
C
Member #

Good deal. Let us know if you think you want to caravan down for any of those events. We'll be making pitstops along the way.
Thanks for the offer! I’m tapped out at work for the RTT event. but yeah, by all means, if y’all ever do anything around this area please let me know. Nice rig btw.

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Thanks for the offer! I’m tapped out at work for the RTT event. but yeah, by all means, if y’all ever do anything around this area please let me know. Nice rig btw.
Absolutely! And I completely understand work getting in the way. Keep tabs on the NOVA monthly meetup thread-that's the most active for this area. And thanks.....I appreciate the compliment on the rig! Looking forward to meeting up eventually!

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hey guys. My name is Justin. Former army, currently in Fredericksburg VA. Been creeping around and I’m thinking about getting into the overland thing. I drive a 2015 JKU rubicon. Haven’t done much work to her yet, just a roof rack I use for fishing rods. Other than that looking forward to it. View attachment 71065
Welcome to OB and the East Region! There is more and more going on in the East Region as we grow and I hope to see you at some events! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Check out the Calendar and Rally Point Events to see if something peaks your interests.

If you are on Facebook look us up at the OB East Regional page (type in your OB Member # when asking to join.)

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @JRElaxED & @Zombie
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

JRElaxED

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alexandria, Va
Member #

Welcome... trying to weigh the safety of everyone, with the need to get out and explore. Meet ups are challenging around northern Virginia right now, but maybe a brewery out toward Front Royal. Can’t wait for this to get over with and back on dirt roads.

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

A meetup at The Farm brewery in Broad Run would be awesome. HUGE piece of property, with outdoor bars, pavillions, plenty of room for pets, games, etc. @JRElaxED , or a Woodstock Brewery meetup with a day route and camping for an evening would be fun as well.

Reactions: JRElaxED