Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

Name's James, happy to be aboard! Long time outdoor enthusiast, not new to off-roading, fairly new to the overland scene. Currently driving a stock, four wheel drive, 98 Chevy Tahoe, and recently purchased my first RTT. Looking forward to getting it mounted up and taking the maiden voyage!

Cheers fellas

Welcome from Riverside! Love the heavy chevy! Where was this picture taken?

Rustyburbin (OB#4084) from SoCal 5 kids, wife, dog and a 1970 K20 Suburban

Reactions: destination_unknown

Traveler I

Welcome! Post the new RTT pictures when you can. I'm on the fence with those still.
Thanks Jeremy, will do. I've been wanting one for quite some time but could never justify the cost of a brand new unit. I watched Craigslist religiously until one popped up that was the right price but also wasn't too far of drive. I drove down to San Diego with a buddy and picked up a lightly used ARB Simpson III, with an annex room and a new cover for $900. The guy I bought it from was a cool dude who had recently bought a four wheel camper (envious) and no longer needed the tent. We swapped some stories and he was also kind enough to point my friend and I in the direction of some local trails. It was a fun little day trip and we had a great time exploring San Diego just a few miles north of the border.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Traveler I

Thanks man! Can't seem to get away from the older chevy's, grew up in a 94 suburban. Lovin your burb! I've been considering buying myself a pre-92 suburban and yours definitely isn't shying me away lol

The picture was taken at Holy Jim in Trabuco Canyon. Pretty small area but it's close enough to get a quick fix

Traveler I

Thanks man! Can't seem to get away from the older chevy's, grew up in a 94 suburban. Lovin your burb! I've been considering buying myself a pre-92 suburban and yours definitely isn't shying me away lol

The picture was taken at Holy Jim in Trabuco Canyon. Pretty small area but it's close enough to get a quick fix

Reactions: Rusty burbin

Rusty burbin

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

That's cool. I have about half a dozen nice local trails but nothing with water except for under the Van Buren bridge (a main thoroughfare near me) but that's more of a hobo village that offroad area.

I had to stop and air down to get out of that spot... there's deep sand all around that area.

I've been up Lytle Creek and South Fork too which are both gorgeous but they're also well known and we'll traveled so not a ton of privacy to just kick around and explore the "unexplored".

Traveler I

That's cool. I have about half a dozen nice local trails but nothing with water except for under the Van Buren bridge (a main thoroughfare near me) but that's more of a hobo village that offroad area.

I had to stop and air down to get out of that spot... there's deep sand all around that area.

I've been up Lytle Creek and South Fork too which are both gorgeous but they're also well known and we'll traveled so not a ton of privacy to just kick around and explore the "unexplored".

Yeah, holy Jim is usually pretty crowded too. It's one of the more popular places around town to hit a dirt road.

Reactions: Rusty burbin