Rank I

Contributor III

Norway
First Name
Nicolai
Last Name
Alsterberg
Hey!

I'm Nico from Norway and jumped into overlanding earlier this year. After looking at many LC120's and Hilux's I ended up with a slightly modified 2005 Pathfinder, wich I will continue to build to fit longer trips.

LRM_EXPORT_1192644043715852_20191029_150011255.jpeg

Last edited:

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Welcome from Central Texas.

Nicooo

Rank I

Contributor III

Norway
First Name
Nicolai
Last Name
Alsterberg
Thanks guys!

A little more about me;
I live in a small town called Sandefjord and after 13 years in the same company I now mostly work with administration. I started as a cnc-operator and have made parts for everything form vacuumcleaners and jewlery to 6x6 dumptrucks and offshore platforms.
I'm a car guy, so I've built a few cars before, but usually in the other end of the stupidscale. Having access to almost everything of tools they tend to end up with a few custommade parts.

I've always enjoyed the outdoors and with the workweeks only getting longer each year the need to get away and recharge has grown, wich ended up with in buying the Pathy.

When I bought it this summer it already had fenderflares, ome suspension, 35's and led bars mounted. The arb tent was bought a week before the car and mounted as soon as the car was home.

Since then the car has got some maintenance with new bearings and bushings in the suspension, and a first attempt at storagesystem in the trunk to make it usable for short overlanding weekends.

After getting to use and test the car a few times it will get an overhaul this winter to be more suited for longer trips with a new suspension/tire setup, new trunk setup, new roofrack, and more..

LRM_EXPORT_480165347024707_20190829_234344126.jpeg

LRM_EXPORT_750343196579338_20190810_191049013.jpeg

LRM_EXPORT_196456471919540_20191012_163907863.jpeg

Reactions: MMc and Joey83

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Hey!

I'm Nico from Norway and jumped into overlanding earlier this year. After looking at many LC120's and Hilux's I ended up with a slightly modified 2005 Pathfinder, wich I will continue to build to fit longer trips.

View attachment 125305
Welcome frpm Scotland. You are lucky to have an amazing country to explore. WE visited Norway in 2017 as part of our 9 month trip making it all tythe way up to Nordkapp.
@WalkaboutKiwi is your local member rep so please reach out to him for help and support.
I'm also your temporary Regional Director so please if I can help you with anything let me know.

Reactions: Nicooo

WeGoPlacez

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ogden, UT, USA
First Name
Jessica
Last Name
Shaw
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7HBA
Just love Norway, we were there in 2012. Our brother played on the US Sledge Hockey Paralympic Team. I believe it was the first year Norway hosted! It was a privilege and a pleasure to share in this experience! Anyways welcome from Utah!

Attachments