New Guy from NC

• HTML tutorial

Taco_Sauce

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Hey guys, just came to my senses and am getting back into the swing of things. I recently bought a 2017 Tacoma TRD OR and am hoping to put together a minimal build to make weekend camping and travel easier with a toddler and my wife. Through college I had a base model 07 access cab with a bed cap and simple sleeping platform that I used for camping up and down the east coast. A few years ago sold it for a VW jetta wagon in search for MPG glory as me and my wife were mostly AirBnBing and doing out of the country trips. Well life with a toddler is amazing but travel has looked different for the past 1-2 years. My wife and I are wanting to do less flying, more driving, and way more camping to expose my daughter to the wilderness.

So this past weekend found a spectacular 2017 Tacoma TRD off road with 35,000 babied miles on it and am in the planning process for a minimalist build with the primary goal to make camp set up and tear down as seamless as possible.

We live less than 10 minutes from a great state park campground which we plan to use as a testing grounds as we go through the growing pains of camping with the kiddo.

IMG_20200125_174159276_HDR.jpg

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey guys, just came to my senses and am getting back into the swing of things. I recently bought a 2017 Tacoma TRD OR and am hoping to put together a minimal build to make weekend camping and travel easier with a toddler and my wife. Through college I had a base model 07 access cab with a bed cap and simple sleeping platform that I used for camping up and down the east coast. A few years ago sold it for a VW jetta wagon in search for MPG glory as me and my wife were mostly AirBnBing and doing out of the country trips. Well life with a toddler is amazing but travel has looked different for the past 1-2 years. My wife and I are wanting to do less flying, more driving, and way more camping to expose my daughter to the wilderness.

So this past weekend found a spectacular 2017 Tacoma TRD off road with 35,000 babied miles on it and am in the planning process for a minimalist build with the primary goal to make camp set up and tear down as seamless as possible.

We live less than 10 minutes from a great state park campground which we plan to use as a testing grounds as we go through the growing pains of camping with the kiddo.

View attachment 137636
Hello Logan and welcome to the OB crew...great looking Toy. Look forward to seeing your build and your adventures. Always can use more Taco sauce.....

huachuca

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

tarboro nc
First Name
Al
Last Name
Killebrew
Member #

Welcome from the Tarboro area. Very nice looking and capable truck. If its anything like the two I had (05 and 12 TRD Off-Roads), it should serve you well. Kudos for the plans to get your daughter started in camping; Between the coast and the mountains, we have some awesome options right here in NC.

Al

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

Welcome! Good on ya for the daughter outdoors stuff! I’ve been considering the Gazelle tents for their fast, easy set up/tear down (for that minimalistic thing)... give it a look (but be aware if it’s packed length!). Enjoy the forum & your new truck!