New guy from DFW TX

• HTML tutorial

TXRoamer

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

DFW
Hey y’all, just joined recently after being very involved over on the Cummins Forum and Dodge Trucks Xtreme. Came over here because there’s not too many overlanders over on the other forums and wanted to come over to meet people and find new things.

Anyways, I’m from DFW and frequent TX, AR, and MO but travel all over the place. Still looking to explore the entire west coast and hoping for a month long trip next summer.

I drive a 2011 Ram 2500 which will take me about anywhere I want. 37’s, King 2.5s, full setup from Thursday Fabrication, Patton Fab bed rack, CVT Mt. Shasta, just to name a few.

I only know a few others with RTT’s over overlanding vehicles so I’m down to meet tons of people across the country!10801471984_IMG_0689.jpgIMG_1534.jpg

bawesomfels

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Phoenix, AZ
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Ockenfels
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Welcome from AZ! Love that rig! How well do those Toyos perform in the rain?

Bluesman

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Arizona, USA
Member #

Welcome TXRoamer from sunny Southern AZ. I'm just wrapping up a year in Santa Teresa, NM & El Paso. I was over in RGV doing some recon recently, but now I will be shifting to sandy San Luis, AZ for about 18 mos. Looks like your rig will take you about anywhere you could want to go...

rockymntjeeper

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Denver, Colorado, USA
Member #

Hey y’all, just joined recently after being very involved over on the Cummins Forum and Dodge Trucks Xtreme. Came over here because there’s not too many overlanders over on the other forums and wanted to come over to meet people and find new things.

Anyways, I’m from DFW and frequent TX, AR, and MO but travel all over the place. Still looking to explore the entire west coast and hoping for a month long trip next summer.

I drive a 2011 Ram 2500 which will take me about anywhere I want. 37’s, King 2.5s, full setup from Thursday Fabrication, Patton Fab bed rack, CVT Mt. Shasta, just to name a few.

I only know a few others with RTT’s over overlanding vehicles so I’m down to meet tons of people across the country!View attachment 79820View attachment 79821
Welcome from McKinney!

TXRoamer

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

DFW
Welcome from AZ! Love that rig! How well do those Toyos perform in the rain?
I’ve heard some people complain about them since their such a hard tire compound but the truck weighs in just over 10,000 lbs so I haven’t had much trouble at all. I can still break them loose in the rain if I try, but it’s much harder than the Toyo AT2s I had before

Reactions: bawesomfels

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

I only know a few others with RTT’s over overlanding vehicles so I’m down to meet tons of people across the country!View attachment 79820View attachment 79821
Welcome to Overland Bound!

The DFW area has a Meet-Up that meets monthly, if your interested check out the meet-up page on the forum for details. https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-dallas-fort-worth-dfw-meet-up.18113/page-5#post-265965

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Reactions: TXRoamer

Laud

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Southeast Arlington TX
First Name
Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
7807C6DE-32E4-4638-B363-8572E75786E4.png Welcome from Arlington....I also steer a 2500 CTD. Plenty to do here, just set your road expectations lower than the Meca states.
I have been exploring TX for a few years now. To include circumnavigating the whole thing. Even though we have very limited public land, there are plenty of places to camp.

Reactions: Twinbulls

aaaslayer

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Chino, CA
PicsArt_12-27-01.06.59.jpg PicsArt_12-27-01.07.57.jpg PicsArt_12-27-01.08.47.jpg I too came from the Cumminsforum. That forum is slow, not a lot going on, not many like to participate, and the overland scene there is non existant. Here's mine though, for inspiration. I like to see other builds too to inspire me. I currently have an Alu Cab Shadow Awn that needs to be mounted but Leitner doesn't make brackets for it. I'll have to fab something up myself.

TXRoamer

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

DFW
View attachment 80085 View attachment 80086 View attachment 80087 I too came from the Cumminsforum. That forum is slow, not a lot going on, not many like to participate, and the overland scene there is non existant. Here's mine though, for inspiration. I like to see other builds too to inspire me. I currently have an Alu Cab Shadow Awn that needs to be mounted but Leitner doesn't make brackets for it. I'll have to fab something up myself.
Love your truck! DTX and CF are both dead and boring as well. There’s no passion there like OB has. Hopefully I’ll see you around some day [emoji1303]

Reactions: aaaslayer