New guy from Australia

• HTML tutorial

Reddave

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello everyone, new guy here from Australia, South East Victoria to be exact

Vehicle of choice is a Prado V6 petrol

Been 4x4 and camping for about 10 years now and have become more of a camper now
Try and get away as often as I can, which usually means about once a month, but would like to go out more often.

I normally travel with a buddy or 2 but try and be as self-sufficient as possible

Reddave

Rank 0

Traveler I

A little bit more about me and the Prado

I'm 35 and have 4 kids, we all love camping but I prefer to go on my own!!
The prado was only meant to be an in between car but it has morphed into one of the best cars we have ever owned, we have had it for 3 years in November.
It's 2005 with a 1GR V6, It has 2" lift, remote reservoir shocks, 265/70 17 Procomp A/Ts, ARB winch bumper with a cheapy winch
Rhino pioneer platform and roof top tent.
I'm sure there's more I have forgotten but that's the basics of it

This is my eldest son's car:
This one is 1999 XJ, 2" lift, Kaymar rear bar, Smittybilt front bar and winch, Homemade snorkel

He's learning how to drive and will be old enough to get his licence in September, we have built this together over the last 2 and a bit years

I'm looking forward to him getting his licence so we can go out and explore more, It can be pretty dangerous going out alone in Victoria, the weather can turn in an instant and even though the sun may be out it can still be freezing and slippery, best to have a convoy with you when you're travelling around the high country
This can turn to this by the top of the mountain:

(There's 2 pics are not from the same trip but just to give you an idea)

I'm a mechanic and run a small business, Which gives me heaps of time to repair my own busted junk, but never enough time or money to break it!!!

Dunco

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Warwick Queensland Autralia
First Name
Kris
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VK4FABX
Hello everyone, new guy here from Australia, South East Victoria to be exact

Vehicle of choice is a Prado V6 petrol

Been 4x4 and camping for about 10 years now and have become more of a camper now
Try and get away as often as I can, which usually means about once a month, but would like to go out more often.

I normally travel with a buddy or 2 but try and be as self-sufficient as possible
Welcome mate