Rank II

Enthusiast I

Louisiana, USA
First Name
Paula
Last Name
Bellman
Member #

Hey y'all. We're from New Iberia. Done some riding in Kitachaie and camped at Lake Kincaide when it was open a long time ago. Would love to get to Lake Valentine, but working and all seems to prevent us from ever scoring a site. Y'all have any favorite places to disperse camp out there?

What about the beach? Y'all ever camp at Holly Beach or Rutherford? I'd love to go out there again. We went during quarantine but the mosquitoes ran us out at 1am. We've fixed our open areas in the truck bed that allowed them to come in. Has anyone been since Hurricane Ida?

AnthonyBroussard

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Lafayette, Lafayette Parish, Louisiana, United States
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Broussard
Member #

Hey y'all. We're from New Iberia. Done some riding in Kitachaie and camped at Lake Kincaide when it was open a long time ago. Would love to get to Lake Valentine, but working and all seems to prevent us from ever scoring a site. Y'all have any favorite places to disperse camp out there?

What about the beach? Y'all ever camp at Holly Beach or Rutherford? I'd love to go out there again. We went during quarantine but the mosquitoes ran us out at 1am. We've fixed our open areas in the truck bed that allowed them to come in. Has anyone been since Hurricane Ida?
We were thinking of planning a trip to kisachie national forest also. We are new to overlanding but have built the Raptor for overlanding I’d like to go to the beach and see what it’s about. We are from Lafayette la.

Reactions: Leeaekdb

Popping2tops

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Louisiana, USA
First Name
Paula
Last Name
Bellman
Member #

We were thinking of planning a trip to kisachie national forest also. We are new to overlanding but have built the Raptor for overlanding I’d like to go to the beach and see what it’s about. We are from Lafayette la.
Let me know how it goes for y'all at the beach. I really want to go back, but I'm gunshy from last time. :) :) I think Mardi Gras week would be a good time to go. The weather is looking promising on Monday/Tuesday.

Rubicajon

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

Panama City Beach, FL, USA
First Name
RUBI
Last Name
CAJON
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5VLS
Service Branch
Seabee’s
I know. We left Louisiana a month ago and haven't looked back. I will miss being closer to the southwest where we spent alot of time traveling but the blue ridge mountains are closer now and we will start heading north to see if we fall off the edge.

Rubicajon

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

Panama City Beach, FL, USA
First Name
RUBI
Last Name
CAJON
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5VLS
Service Branch
Seabee’s
I got rice, beans,pickle meat, Tony Chacheres, crystal hot sauce, boudin, andouille sausage and some Zatarains crab boil all loaded up.

Reactions: Leeaekdb

Leeaekdb

Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Opelousas, LA, USA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Ritter
Member #

I’m here! New to the Overland but not new to camping! Looking to get myself out there, closer to nature! I’ve got a RV for when i need the fam/wife, but when it’s just me i want to get this done on the simple!