Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
B
Member #

Here goes! Long time lurker, new poster. Texan living in Seattle, Washington. Really enjoying the new terrain out here!

2004 Nissan Xterra 4x4 Manual Trans
210k miles
Daily driver

I'd consider myself and my wonderful long term girlfriend and our dog as car camper+ or overland-lite. We don't like established campgrounds. We do love dirt forest roads. We are not afraid of snakes and javelinas but this whole bears and mountain lions thing makes us cautious!

Would love to meet more folks in Washington or the PNW who are more on the overland/camp side than the wheeling/crawling side. I daily my rig so it's gotta stay in one piece! No RTT... Dog can't climb a ladder! received_943018805884097.jpegPSX_20180926_180636.jpeg20180926_135027.jpeg20180825_122221.jpeg

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Here goes! Long time lurker, new poster. Texan living in Seattle, Washington. Really enjoying the new terrain out here!

2004 Nissan Xterra 4x4 Manual Trans
210k miles
Daily driver

I'd consider myself and my wonderful long term girlfriend and our dog as car camper+ or overland-lite. We don't like established campgrounds. We do love dirt forest roads. We are not afraid of snakes and javelinas but this whole bears and mountain lions thing makes us cautious!

Would love to meet more folks in Washington or the PNW who are more on the overland/camp side than the wheeling/crawling side. I daily my rig so it's gotta stay in one piece! No RTT... Dog can't climb a ladder! View attachment 72238View attachment 72239View attachment 72240View attachment 72241
Hello neighbor and welcome to the OB crew...great looking Xterra and look forward to seeing your adventures. Nice setup and pics. My Tacoma is DD as well.

Reactions: TheGreyhound

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Thanks! The camping here is spectacular. I do miss the desert of West Texas and beach camping though!

you have both of those within a couple hour drive , great thing about the PNW it doesn't take long to be in a completely different climate ( although at our beaches most of the Year you'll need a coat and some rain gear)

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Thanks! The camping here is spectacular. I do miss the desert of West Texas and beach camping though!
The good news is that eastern WA has same incredible high desert camping and in the Southwest corner of the state is the Long Beach Peninsula which has the longest beach in the US (28 miles long!). In other words... welcome to paradise.

TheGreyhound

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
B
Member #

The good news is that eastern WA has same incredible high desert camping and in the Southwest corner of the state is the Long Beach Peninsula which has the longest beach in the US (28 miles long!). In other words... welcome to paradise.
Sweet... But I'll dispute the beach claim... Padre Island National Seashore has about 60 miles of driveable, uninhabited beach. ;)

"North Padre Island is the longest undeveloped barrier island in the world. The national seashore is 70 miles (110 km) long with 65.5 miles (105.4 km) of Gulf beach. "

Reactions: Jedi