New from NOVA

• HTML tutorial

Chris Zawacki

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leesburg, VA
Member #

Hey all! I'm new to this forum, but I've been watching the videos for a while now. I live in Northern VA right outside of D.C.

Little background, I've always been into going off road, mountain biking and all around being outside. I'm 28 and have two dogs, one of which is a Blue Heeler who loves being outside!

I currently drive a Subaru Outback XT (turbo model) which isn't ideal but it gets the job done for now. I've had 4 Toyota 4Runners and plan on picking up a 3rd gen Tacoma in a couple of years ( I miss my yota's!)

Anyway, I'll post up some pics and hopefully I can make it to some expo's and get more into adventure by vehicle!

A few beers after taking my older brother on his off roading trip in his 5th gen 4Runner on KO2's with a mall crawling spacer lift haha but he likes it and wants to do more of it.

Said 4Runner airing up after a day at George Washingt0n National Forest with my buddy Jason in his newely acquired FJC

Last fall I went up to Machias Maine for work and used my spare time to explore! I checked out Acadia National Park which was amazing!!

And my street queen. I've had this car since 2007 and am attached haha. Although the temptation to sell it for a new Tacoma is really strong......

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Welcome to the Overland Bound forum, @Chris Zawacki Where in northern Virginia are you located? I lived west of Fredricksburg from 1980-1986, but got transferred to suburban Cleveland, Ohio... :( I loved Virginia, and spent many weekends in the foothills and up on Skyline Drive.

I love your OBXT! I just sold the ring to your yang a few days ago. It was a 2008 OBXT 5MT, so a little newer than yours. I bought it new, and sold it with 49,7xx miles on it. Here's what I'd done to it to make it a little more capable off road [LINK] But that turbo and a not so low 1st gear didn't give much slow speed capability where you could just crawl along. So I bought a new 4Runner Trail Premium for my exploring.

Welcome aboard,
Steve

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Chris Zawacki

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leesburg, VA
Member #

@Steve thank you! I know your Outback, I followed it a little bit online and Facebook. A 4Runner Trail Premium is a great way to go!

I'm in Leesburg ( in 80-86 ) it was a tiny place but it's completely blown up! You wouldn't recognize the area I'm sure haha.

Reactions: Steve

Gunnermoose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Mesa, Arizona
Member #

Funny I lived in Chancellor from (05-11). Still own my house there though. My son and I also went up to Skyline and hiked along the Appalachian trail on weekends.

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

Hey all! I'm new to this forum, but I've been watching the videos for a while now. I live in Northern VA right outside of D.C.

Little background, I've always been into going off road, mountain biking and all around being outside. I'm 28 and have two dogs, one of which is a Blue Heeler who loves being outside!

I currently drive a Subaru Outback XT (turbo model) which isn't ideal but it gets the job done for now. I've had 4 Toyota 4Runners and plan on picking up a 3rd gen Tacoma in a couple of years ( I miss my yota's!)

Anyway, I'll post up some pics and hopefully I can make it to some expo's and get more into adventure by vehicle!

A few beers after taking my older brother on his off roading trip in his 5th gen 4Runner on KO2's with a mall crawling spacer lift haha but he likes it and wants to do more of it.

Said 4Runner airing up after a day at George Washingt0n National Forest with my buddy Jason in his newely acquired FJC

Last fall I went up to Machias Maine for work and used my spare time to explore! I checked out Acadia National Park which was amazing!!

And my street queen. I've had this car since 2007 and am attached haha. Although the temptation to sell it for a new Tacoma is really strong......
Nice mustang I have an 06 gt I bought new that im thinking about getting rid of to fund more overland gear and trips. I just cant seem to pull the trigger lol.

Chris Zawacki

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leesburg, VA
Member #

Nice mustang I have an 06 gt I bought new that im thinking about getting rid of to fund more overland gear and trips. I just cant seem to pull the trigger lol.
Thanks! Yeah I'm pretty attached to it and I've done a bunch of work to it. Ideally I'd like to keep it and pick up a truck, which would be perfect!

Reactions: O.Dfj

pl626

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

McLean, VA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Chen
Member #

Chris - welcome! I don't know if you're on FB, but there's a group, Mid Atlantic Overland Society, that meets locally in NoVA at Kilroys ( in Braddock) for HH 2nd Thursday each month. There's also a monthly HH in MD. Some of the MAOS folks are on here as well. Good people, lots of knowledge and experience, and brand agnostic. We even have a Tiger owner in the group. His rig is amazing!