New from Central TX

• HTML tutorial

Matt_S

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Austin, TX
Member #

Splitting time between Austin and Killeen for work. Got a 2018 JLU Wrangler Rubicon last month and actually found this forum looking up info on CB and HAM radios. Decided to join and hope to learn more about comms and more related to overlanding. My decision was inspired by my girlfriend's JKU in the picture, I feel the JLUR is an open canvas waiting for upgrades. Now if only the I could find a roof rack I like that didn't require drilling into the hard top...20180930_132135.jpg

Reactions: Kent R and Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Splitting time between Austin and Killeen for work. Got a 2018 JLU Wrangler Rubicon last month and actually found this forum looking up info on CB and HAM radios. Decided to join and hope to learn more about comms and more related to overlanding. My decision was inspired by my girlfriend's JKU in the picture, I feel the JLUR is an open canvas waiting for upgrades. Now if only the I could find a roof rack I like that didn't require drilling into the hard top...View attachment 74429
Hello Matt and welcome to the OB crew...great looking Jeep and look forward to seeing your build and your adventures. Keep us posted...

Reactions: Matt_S

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Splitting time between Austin and Killeen for work. Got a 2018 JLU Wrangler Rubicon last month and actually found this forum looking up info on CB and HAM radios. Decided to join and hope to learn more about comms and more related to overlanding. My decision was inspired by my girlfriend's JKU in the picture, I feel the JLUR is an open canvas waiting for upgrades. Now if only the I could find a roof rack I like that didn't require drilling into the hard top...View attachment 74429
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
There will be a meet-up in the Austin area soon! You will receive a forum invite when it gets set up.
If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Welcome, Matt, great looking JLUR, I really love that iridescent green color, reminds me of the Fig Beatles we have here in the Southwest

KINGHAWV

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Texas
Member #

I too decided to go with the JL for my first overlanding rig! It’s done awesome so far.15589E20-F0B7-44A7-988C-8ACACCAA1747.jpeg

Matt_S

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Austin, TX
Member #

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Cool to see there seems to be a decent amount of people around the Austin area.

Reactions: Chadlyb

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
Jeep Wave from Austin. Love the JLU. Going to pick one up, as soon as they release the Diesel. Looking forward to following members build those new JL’s

Reactions: Matt_S and KINGHAWV