Madison, MS
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Conway
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5JCL
I already posted this on the new members thread, but thought I would post here and see if there are other members nearby to meetup with and learn from.

Hello, new member here. My name is Kyle and I'm brand new to overlanding. Watched too many overlanding YouTube videos this past year and now it is time to get out and try it out. Bringing my wife Barbara and my daughter Evie along for the ride.

Currently own a 2006 Nissan Titan, but have a Bronco on order if Ford ever actually builds it.

In the meantime we have started "camping training" and gear shakedown trips. Our first was to Roosevelt State Park for a quick overnight trip to test how the 4 year old did. That went well so at the end of the month we are headed to Tishomingo State Park for a weekend trip. When we work out the kinks of our camping setup and gear, we plan on taking off the training wheels of the powered and water hookup camp sites to explore and hit trails and do the more traditional / primitive / dispersed camping.

I am looking forward to learning from the community here and hopefully find some members to join on some trips in the future so we can learn by example.

Attachments

Reactions: AnthonyBroussard

KM4DWS

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Arden, NC
First Name
Kaleb
Last Name
Marske
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4DWS
That new Bronco looks awesome! I like the look and it seems like they are really getting the aftermarket support to challenge Jeep for the lego of offroad vechiles.

I am in Western North Carolina but I spent many years in the Waveland MS area. Welcome

Reactions: mootruck98

Rednoserocker

Rank 0

Contributor I

Saltillo, MS, USA
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Pittman
Hey man! I’m also from Mississippi. I went to high school in Madison. I will actually be there this weekend. If you ever want to catch up let me know. I have a 3 year old little girl that loves being outside so the kiddos could play.

mootruck98

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Madison, MS
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Conway
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5JCL
Hey man! I’m also from Mississippi. I went to high school in Madison. I will actually be there this weekend. If you ever want to catch up let me know. I have a 3 year old little girl that loves being outside so the kiddos could play.
Sorry didnt see this reply until now. Learning my way around this app. It would be great to meetup sometine. Evie is always looking to make new friends.

westonneely

Rank IV

Enthusiast I

Magee, MS, USA
First Name
Weston
Last Name
Neely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Not yet a HAM operator
Seems like the Central Missisippi guys are slim to none here.
I've noticed that too. Central MS isnt exactly an overland destination, but hopefully we can get a convoy or two going to some fun trails not too far away.
I’ve heard about some good stuff south of Hattiesburg.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
i'm in south louisiana and there isn't squat here....we hit arkansas a lot and georgia.
not a lot of boondocking in arkansas, but they do have good state parks that are something like $14 a night and most of their state camp grounds have heated bath houses, so $14 for hot showers and a flushable toilet is pretty nice.

Unkle Luk

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Canton, MS
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Simmons
Member #

Central MS here and always up for a trip. Went over to Barnwell Mountain Recreation area in Gilmer, TX last weekend. While not exactly an overloading trip, we had a blast hitting the trails and doing some rock crawling.

mootruck98

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Madison, MS
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Conway
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5JCL
Heads up my Bronco was built this week and with any luck I'll get it before the end of the month. Got the weekend of Oct 1-3 scheduled to go try it out at Hot Springs Off road park. Also got my reservation for Rendezvous in the Ozarks a couple weeks later.

Let me know if anyone is interested in a convoy.

Reactions: KM4DWS

Tundracamper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Shepard
Member #

Being from W AL, I frequent the MS national forests. While I mainly just drive the gravel roads and find remote places to camp, there are some pretty spots. I just last night camped in far N MS up near Ashland in a very remote spot in Holly Springs NF.

9F5E4345-3D9D-48CA-9481-4E19F5CA6C32.jpeg

One of ly favorite all time spots is near Louisville in Tombigbee NF.

1FFB3C58-AB7D-4000-87D9-33A4A2B72C25.jpeg

There are some narrow muddy roads, if you like that sorta thing. I was on one today, but turned around because I was by myself and didn’t wanna get stuck.

No, MS is not N GA, but it is better than staying at home:)

Stucko_

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Jackson, MS, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Stuckman
Member #

Seems like the Central Missisippi guys are slim to none here.
Yeah MS isn’t exactly an Overlanding/Off-roading/Camping destination since our weather is too hot and humid
I've noticed that too. Central MS isnt exactly an overland destination, but hopefully we can get a convoy or two going to some fun trails not too far away.

mootruck98

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Madison, MS
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Conway
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5JCL
I am going to try to attend cars and coffee in Ridgeland on Sunday if anyone wants to come see the bronco in person. I would love to meet some of yall and plan some rides.

8am - 11am CC's Coffee House

344 Highway 51 Unit 100 Ridgeland, MS 39157 United States

Jk.Overland

Rank III

Pathfinder III

Pearl, Mississippi, United States
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Hennessy
Member #

Hey, I’m a new member here in the Jackson, MS area! I would love to get as many of us together for a meet up sometime!

I am still getting my jeep built out and would love to bounce ideas of local people. Maybe go on ride? Meet ups? Cleanups? Camping trips? Whatever we can put together.

Attachments

mootruck98

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Madison, MS
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Conway
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5JCL
Hey, I’m a new member here in the Jackson, MS area! I would love to get as many of us together for a meet up sometime!

I am still getting my jeep built out and would love to bounce ideas of local people. Maybe go on ride? Meet ups? Cleanups? Camping trips? Whatever we can put together.
Have Bronco will travel (as schedule permits). Just let me know when and where.

Reactions: Jk.Overland