Jeremy
Last Name
Selden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTS423
Service Branch
Army
For anyone in the New England area if you looking for an easy area to off road and camp this winter check out October Mountain in MA. Video below showcasing the area and some of the trails

RJ Howell

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Auburn, NH USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Howell
Member #

That's part of section 3 of the NEBDR, no? Can you confirm the State Forest as a 'Pay-to-Play'? Understand just parking there is $30 (non-resident).. no idea what camping might be..

Reactions: AT4OB

AT4OB

Rank VI

Trail Blazer I

Connecticut, United States
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Selden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTS423
Service Branch
Army
That's part of section 3 of the NEBDR, no? Can you confirm the State Forest as a 'Pay-to-Play'? Understand just parking there is $30 (non-resident).. no idea what camping might be..
Yes I’m pretty sure a small part of it is the NEBDR. The trail system that goes throughout the park is free use, the parking area and main “park” has a fee during the season.

Reactions: RJ Howell

AT4OB

Rank VI

Trail Blazer I

First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Selden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTS423
Service Branch
Army

Here is another video with some footage from the “rougher” parts of section 3

bristol16

Rank I

Contributor III

Worcester, MA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Hill
Hey, this looks like a ton of fun and I really enjoyed watching your videos. I am in Central Mass and would love to get involved in something like this. Would you recommend these particular roads / trails as somewhat beginner friendly? My vehicle (2019 Colorado ZR2) is still mostly stock so I am interested in doing stuff like this before I commit to outfitting for anything more hardcore or multi-day trips, but I also don't want to be "that guy" who ends up over his head and underprepared and becomes a hazard. Any "can't live without it" gear you would recommend for tackling this area solo or should I just go with someone more experienced to start out? Thanks in advance for any help!

Reactions: AT4OB

AT4OB

Rank VI

Trail Blazer I

First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Selden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTS423
Service Branch
Army
Hey! Thanks for watching, I’m glad you enjoy them. Most of the trail in the videos and a good amount in New England would be easy for a stock ZR2 to handle. My buddy that I typically go out with has a ZR2 that was stock up till recently and he never had any issues. Must have if you plan on solo day trips: my recommendation is to have some basic recovery items, an air compressor a set of tools to make easy trail repairs. If you’re ever looking to get recovery gear or begin to outfit your vehicle check out North East ORV in central CT they are an amazing vehicle outfitter. And if you ever want to meet up on some trails let me know