Launch Member

Contributor II

Cedar Hill, TN - Enumclaw, WA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Fyke
Member #

Hello Everyone, my Name is Matt and I have been living in Washington State a little over a year now, and grew up in Tennessee. Growing up an outdoors enthusiast in TN, I didn't know of the public land and all of the opportunities it presents until I moved here. It wasn't until I was surfing around the interwebz that I ran into this community, and realized really fast all of the knowledge that I could gain from it.

I grew up "glamping" in pop-up trailers with my parents and didn't do any (somewhat) primitive camping until I went into the military. My goal here is to network with like-minded people who have a passion for the outdoors/Off-Road vehicles the same as I, and to gain knowledge on any exploration opportunities the area around me has to offer.

As for vehicles, I had a 1986 'Yota pickup 4x4 with the 22R up until I sold it to a cousin a few years back. I now own a 2013 F-150 4x4 Supercrew, but miss my Toyota something awful. Though my current truck has been reliable, I find myself off road at least twice per week and the stock "off road" suspension beats me to death, and the overall bulk of the truck is too much for some trails I would like to get down. So, my plan is to order a 2019 4Runner TRD Pro next year and never not own a Toyota again.

This seems to be a cool group of folks, and I look forward to learning from you all.
-Matt

Reactions: k9sar and Chadlyb

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello Everyone, my Name is Matt and I have been living in Washington State a little over a year now, and grew up in Tennessee. Growing up an outdoors enthusiast in TN, I didn't know of the public land and all of the opportunities it presents until I moved here. It wasn't until I was surfing around the interwebz that I ran into this community, and realized really fast all of the knowledge that I could gain from it.

I grew up "glamping" in pop-up trailers with my parents and didn't do any (somewhat) primitive camping until I went into the military. My goal here is to network with like-minded people who have a passion for the outdoors/Off-Road vehicles the same as I, and to gain knowledge on any exploration opportunities the area around me has to offer.

As for vehicles, I had a 1986 'Yota pickup 4x4 with the 22R up until I sold it to a cousin a few years back. I now own a 2013 F-150 4x4 Supercrew, but miss my Toyota something awful. Though my current truck has been reliable, I find myself off road at least twice per week and the stock "off road" suspension beats me to death, and the overall bulk of the truck is too much for some trails I would like to get down. So, my plan is to order a 2019 4Runner TRD Pro next year and never not own a Toyota again.

This seems to be a cool group of folks, and I look forward to learning from you all.
-Matt
Hi Matt and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

-Matt
Hello Neighbor and welcome to the OB crew..glad to hear your coming back to the Dark side and getting a new Toy..look forward to seeing your build and adventures..im in Washington on the east side...hope to meet and wheel with you sometime

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
Welcome from Austin, TX. Lived in Washington state for many years. The rain finally chased me off. Enjoyed the national forests, when the rain stoped.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Welcome neighbor,
Matt, if you are ever over here by Lake Chelan, look me up! Be happy, to show you some great places. Benz.

k9sar

Local Expert, Georgia USA

Enthusiast III

Rydal, GA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK4EKF
Matt, Welcome to the family! You've come to the right place, there are great folks here.

Overland USA

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

Rolling Meadows, IL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bogan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJC877

-Matt
Welcome Matt! One vet to another - Thank you for your service brother. I've been using my F150 while my TJ is in the shop and it's been doing great.