New Dude In SoCal

• HTML tutorial

The B.A.D

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi Everyone! Seems like everyone is posting a new thread so I figured I should too.

My name is Rob, I am currently a Realtor in Temecula California but I was an active duty Marine for 12 years. I'm originally from Charleston S.C. but I came out here to Cali and met my wife and had three kids here.

I literally just learned about overlanding, but I have always been into building trucks. Currently I have a 2003 Chevy avalanche Z71 and I think it would be an awesome rig to use so ready or not I'm going to build this bad boy up.

Unfortunately I am in the process of starting three businesses so the beginning stages of this build will be just general maintenance and low budget stuff.

avy.jpg

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Welcome. I lived in Temecula for 8 Years. Right behind Home Depot (primavera). Lots of exploring to do in Anza Borrego, and Ocotillo.

Reactions: The B.A.D

Overlandllama

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Orion
Last Name
Walther
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF0CKJ
Welcome Rob! My wife and I visited Charleston about 2-years ago and I was shocked by how much it had grown in 20 years since my last visit... a bit too much. Have fun with the build. Cheers, Walt

The B.A.D

Rank 0

Traveler I

Thanks and I can't wait...but I kind of have to because my truck ( her name is Tiffany because she is SUPER high maintenance) needs pretty much an entire suspension rebuild first lol.