New company building full size overlanding rigs.

• HTML tutorial

The Roach ...

Rank IV

Member III

Frisco, TX, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
V
Member #

My son and I had a great time in our full size f250 and shared pics with a ton of business associates and friends. well, after five requests for trucks, and with a kid finishing fabrication school... we decided to start a new company building full size overlanders turn key.

I'll try to post pics and keep people up to speed it its allowed.

ordered five trucks yesterday, 13 weeks from now things are going to get interesting.

TacoMacs

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Louisville, KY, USA
First Name
DarinAndJen
Last Name
TacoMacs
Member #

So you buy the truck and completely outfit it and sell it? Or people bring you a stock truck and you overhaul it for overlanding?

The Roach ...

Rank IV

Member III

Frisco, TX, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
V
Member #

So you buy the truck and completely outfit it and sell it? Or people bring you a stock truck and you overhaul it for overlanding?

well, I have established fleet accounts, and have financing options for complete builds.. and have worked out the warranty issues with FORD and RAM. SO the plan is to build turn key to order on the 3/4 ton and 1 ton chassis.

everyone is doing Toyotas, and I love my 99 Land Cruiser that is going diesel 105 conversion now in my shop. but... the full size market is just wide open and untapped in the turn key area.

plus I can get better pricing on truck, and provide a finished unit on a monthly payment so... I think we will likely stick with build to suit unless someone is in my area and we work out a deal on using that truck to fit prototypes of some stuff we fabricate.

but that is the plan as it is today... still working out kinks. this went from wild idea before the trip, to idea after the trip, to viable financially a week or so ago, to moving forward this week. so nothing is fully finalized yet. but will be quickly, as I took a year to figure out the parts and build for my truck. so replication is easy....

TacoMacs

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Louisville, KY, USA
First Name
DarinAndJen
Last Name
TacoMacs
Member #

This sounds fantastic! Do it, now, with the economy being as incredible as it is, and how it will continue to be beyond November 3rd... Do it. Best of luck, best wishes, and prayers for your success Patriot.

The Roach ...

Rank IV

Member III

Frisco, TX, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
V
Member #

This sounds fantastic! Do it, now, with the economy being as incredible as it is, and how it will continue to be beyond November 3rd... Do it. Best of luck, best wishes, and prayers for your success Patriot.

Thank you so very much. I wanted to start my son off in a company that he was doing things he loved. so here we are.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I'll try to post pics and keep people up to speed it its allowed.
The build posts are allowed, but not as advertising campaign. You might want to contact Corrie to work out a vender account some time in the future.

I can’t wait to see what you can come up with.

The Roach ...

Rank IV

Member III

Frisco, TX, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
V
Member #

The build posts are allowed, but not as advertising campaign. You might want to contact Corrie to work out a vender account some time in the future.

I can’t wait to see what you can come up with.

no problem. I'll do that when we get past the prototype and testing stage and actually move something to market past these first few chassis.

I was hoping not to break any rules... and maybe meet anyone else that has a product or product idea from the community that we can put into reality. I wanted a full size rig between the Toyota and the unimog... and couldn't find one.. so here we are. also I know so many people have ideas that they never move to reality, I'd like to help change that.

also, I think tray beds and canopies really shift a truck too far away from using it outside of overrlanding. our goal is to make it a overlanding rig that you can use for anything you want to do daily as a live with truck.

anyone have any comments... I'd love to hear them. looking for input from the actual users, not the marketing guys.

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
no problem. I'll do that when we get past the prototype and testing stage and actually move something to market past these first few chassis.

I was hoping not to break any rules... and maybe meet anyone else that has a product or product idea from the community that we can put into reality. I wanted a full size rig between the Toyota and the unimog... and couldn't find one.. so here we are. also I know so many people have ideas that they never move to reality, I'd like to help change that.

also, I think tray beds and canopies really shift a truck too far away from using it outside of overrlanding. our goal is to make it a overlanding rig that you can use for anything you want to do daily as a live with truck.

anyone have any comments... I'd love to hear them. looking for input from the actual users, not the marketing guys.
Until you actually advertise your product, you’re not in violation of any rules...

The Roach ...

Rank IV

Member III

Frisco, TX, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
V
Member #

ordered new 3d printers today.. and we test fitted our first roof top tent rack for the diamond back that allows you to open the doors on the cover.

have the cad drawings of the new bed slide with the dual 45 degree switch outs for the "split kitchen' concept". on the computer it fits under the 270 awning that is mounted to the rack. jury's out on whether we need to go to a 4.5 in lift and 37's to be able to stand a 6'4 tall guy (me) under it.

fabrication is fun... until the bills come it. lol