Rank V

Explorer I

Carlsbad, San Diego County, California, United States
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Lochow
Member #

Love the new look but, unfortunately the bumper company sent the wrong mounting brackets so the fit isn’t right yet. Going back to the fab shop for refitting when the brackets arrive first of the week. After that, I think I’ve decided to just go with a 2.5” leveling kit (1” in back) and 33” tires. That would give me more clearance without messing with any of the geometry- less wear and tear on components. Any thoughts?

Attachments

Reactions: LumixLab and Broke

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Your plan is pretty well what I was going to do with by Burban z71. A few ideas for you to ponder. Ford f150 keys in the front are a cheap lift for the front. The torsion bars on chev rigs are notoriously soft, so cranking them makes the rig much better to drive right off the bat. Monroe reflex monotube shocks on these rigs are a great cheap upgrade and give much better on road and off road ride and control. Third, h2 rear springs will give some extra lift and weight carrying capacity to the big SUV as well.

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
Looks freaking outstanding. Really like the beefiness. I like the lift idea. I'm a huge propenent of just a small lift and slightly larger and more capable tires with some armor of some sort for the vast majority of "overlanders" out here. I think you'll be happy. When you do though, be sure to look at the weight the springs are rated for in the front end since you put that big bumper on. You'll more than likely want to up it from whatever the stock version is.

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
No springs in the front of that @Maverick9110E, there are torsion bars. You can "adjust" your spring rate on them by cranking on their mounting keys. There were some "heavier" versions available from one company awhile back, but I think they are discontinued now. The only other thing would be the bolt on coil over conversion. And yes, 33's and a couple of inches of lift to clear the tires are all thats needed for 99 percent of overlanding. I will take my chances with the remaining 1 percent. I have 2" going on front and rear of mine. I want the rake, makes for better milage and handling of your rig.

Reactions: Maverick9110E