Philbobagginz

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Brick, NJ
Member #

Hey Max-phil, nice shot

I'm in the market for a RTT but have been back and forth on a roof rack. How stable is your setup with the factory rails? I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone does with their KL!
Thanks! It was pretty stable. I have the stock rails on there with Thule crossbars. The RTT was a loaner so it has been given back, but if I were to keep it long term I would go to the rocky-road outfitters roof rails for the extra strength. The stock bars held up fine with my large self and my fiance for 3 nights and then myself and my 2 kids for 2 nights.

Philbobagginz

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Brick, NJ
Member #

Any suggestions between the hazard sky spacers, MFC lift or Dobinson's kit??

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
I have talked with MFC and Hazard Sky about their kits, I dont know much about Dobinson's though. MFC and Hazard are just about the same except MFC uses a different type of material for the spacers. I'm going with the Hazard Sky. MFC is very high for what it is just like all of their products. I'm not saying they have bad products, but in my current situation, I need to save pennies everywhere I can. Hazard Sky it if for me! I'll be ordering it very soon and will have it on by the end of March.

Reactions: CM_USMC707

CM_USMC707

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Healdsburg, CA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Meza
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
I have talked with MFC and Hazard Sky about their kits, I dont know much about Dobinson's though. MFC and Hazard are just about the same except MFC uses a different type of material for the spacers. I'm going with the Hazard Sky. MFC is very high for what it is just like all of their products. I'm not saying they have bad products, but in my current situation, I need to save pennies everywhere I can. Hazard Sky it if for me! I'll be ordering it very soon and will have it on by the end of March.
Yeah I'm thinking the hazard sky is the most practical for what my needs are.. the Cherokee still needs to be able to be used as my daily driver..

I'll probably put stock trailhawk sized tires, so basically I'll be at trailhawk height with the lift and tires, just won't have the AD Lock system..

Be sure to use the promo code for discount if you're trying to pinch pennies! I'll probably pull the trigger on a kit within the next week or so..

Oh btw, if you're pinching pennies, don't even look at the Dobinson's kit! Lol

Best of luck to you!

Reactions: Philbobagginz

Philbobagginz

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Brick, NJ
Member #

Yeah I'm thinking the hazard sky is the most practical for what my needs are.. the Cherokee still needs to be able to be used as my daily driver..

I'll probably put stock trailhawk sized tires, so basically I'll be at trailhawk height with the lift and tires, just won't have the AD Lock system..

Be sure to use the promo code for discount if you're trying to pinch pennies! I'll probably pull the trigger on a kit within the next week or so..

Oh btw, if you're pinching pennies, don't even look at the Dobinson's kit! Lol

Best of luck to you!
There's a coupon code?!?!

Dgs-T4R

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Oklahoma
Member #

I'm here. I have ditched the stock tires and put on 245/70/17 BFG KO2s without any issue. I'm not planning on doing a lift. I had a lifted TJ and I never really liked the way it felt. I'm installing a Garvin wilderness rack this week and ditching the current Yakima crossbars and roof basket. I'll put them on my jeep trailer. I've added LED light bars and cubes as well as a CB. Trying to add wiring to this rig is really a pain. I also recently added the factory hitch. It was pretty easy and I did it in my garage by myself. The only future mod I plan on doing is maybe adding the Gobi ladder to the back. I'm less concerned with using it as a ladder and thinking more of using it as a platform for adding rotopax and my maxtrax. I love this Jeep and selling the TJ and going with this was an awesome idea.

CM_USMC707

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Healdsburg, CA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Meza
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
I'm here. I have ditched the stock tires and put on 245/70/17 BFG KO2s without any issue. I'm not planning on doing a lift. I had a lifted TJ and I never really liked the way it felt. I'm installing a Garvin wilderness rack this week and ditching the current Yakima crossbars and roof basket. I'll put them on my jeep trailer. I've added LED light bars and cubes as well as a CB. Trying to add wiring to this rig is really a pain. I also recently added the factory hitch. It was pretty easy and I did it in my garage by myself. The only future mod I plan on doing is maybe adding the Gobi ladder to the back. I'm less concerned with using it as a ladder and thinking more of using it as a platform for adding rotopax and my maxtrax. I love this Jeep and selling the TJ and going with this was an awesome idea.
I haven't done much wiring except adding the wiring harness for towing, and once I had it all installed, the drivers side lights would not work. Everything else works as it should. I've tried contacting "etrailer's" customer service and it's been a pain in the ass to say the least.

Looking forward to watching your build!

Dgs-T4R

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Oklahoma
Member #

Did you use he Curt wiring harness? Thats what I used but haven't hooked it up t the trailer yet. I guess I'll do that this weekend. I put the harness two weeks ago.

CM_USMC707

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Healdsburg, CA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Meza
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Did you use he Curt wiring harness? Thats what I used but haven't hooked it up t the trailer yet. I guess I'll do that this weekend. I put the harness two weeks ago.
Yep. It's the CURT one.

Haven't heard any response back from retailer customer service. At this point I think I may just order another one it's almost not worth the hassle. Will not go through them in the future though.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Dgs-T4R

dolli310

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Halifax, NS
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Dollimont
Member #

Just curious about the ride quality on an LT tire. Do they ride rougher than the factory tire? Also, what engine do you have. My KL TH has the 2.4 I4, and I'm concerned about running LTs vice P-series tires.

Dgs-T4R

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Oklahoma
Member #

Just curious about the ride quality on an LT tire. Do they ride rougher than the factory tire? Also, what engine do you have. My KL TH has the 2.4 I4, and I'm concerned about running LTs vice P-series tires.
The tires are amazing. They are only slihtly larger than the stock but they a much better AT tire design.They aren't any rougher and they are great in all the terrain I have driven so far. Sand, dirt, rock, mud, snow, and a 1600 mile mile trip on interstate/two lane roads. I also have the 2.4 I4.

Reactions: dolli310