Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Denver, CO
First Name
Cam
Last Name
Clifford
Member #

2018 Cherokee Trailhawk owner here. Just moved from Chicago out to Denver, and am loving the capability of the Trailhawk in its stock form at the moment.

Next up is to either go with the RRO roof rails and cross bars, or just a set of some Thule crossbars. Eventually plan to go with a RTT.

Reactions: Wabbit

Wabbit

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Somewhere out yonder
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Bru
Member #

2018 Cherokee Trailhawk owner here. Just moved from Chicago out to Denver, and am loving the capability of the Trailhawk in its stock form at the moment.

Next up is to either go with the RRO roof rails and cross bars, or just a set of some Thule crossbars. Eventually plan to go with a RTT.
I miss Denver so bad. I was stationed at Buckley AFB in Aurora for a few yrs. Make sure to check out garden of the gods and pikes peak, and Golden, CO. Hope I get back out there soon.

Wabbit

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Somewhere out yonder
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Bru
Member #

What size and did you have to do much trimming? I had BF A/Ts on my XJ which I liked but definitely open to others. Thanks!
I have the Wrangler Duratrac 245/70/17. I choose this option because I wanted the height gains but I didn't want to trim and I wanted a spare that would fit without any issues.

BigRedDog

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Denver, CO
First Name
Cam
Last Name
Clifford
Member #

I miss Denver so bad. I was stationed at Buckley AFB in Aurora for a few yrs. Make sure to check out garden of the gods and pikes peak, and Golden, CO. Hope I get back out there soon.
I love it so far! Definitely have already checked out the areas you have mentioned...it's hard not to be continually impressed with the beauty out here.

And I finally took a couple pictures of my Trailhawk:

IMG_0610.jpg IMG_0606.jpg IMG_0609.jpg

TheWrexTerra

Rank II
Launch Member

Member I

Ogden, Weber County, Utah, United States
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Francis
Member #

We own a KL (‘15 Latitude) as well. It’s a very capable overland vehicle that holds its own. I’ve done several river crossings in it as well as put it through its paces on rock, mud, sand and snow trails and it has handled everything. The only issue we have had is that the transmission will sometime down shift really hard, which can be kind of concerning.

Reactions: dolli310

MisterC

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Hanford, CA, USA
First Name
Mario
Last Name
Cifuentez
Member #

I sold my 2012 JK a month or so ago and just picked up a fully-loaded '19 KL Trailhawk yesterday. I've already ordered a set of Hankook Dynapro AT's in LT245/70R17. I had two different sets of them on my JK and they were the best all around AT tire I've ever had. My next add will be the Gobi rack. I'm still on the fence about a lift. If I do, it will be MFC.

I'm glad to see other KL's in the OB family.

Wabbit

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Somewhere out yonder
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Bru
Member #

I sold my 2012 JK a month or so ago and just picked up a fully-loaded '19 KL Trailhawk yesterday. I've already ordered a set of Hankook Dynapro AT's in LT245/70R17. I had two different sets of them on my JK and they were the best all around AT tire I've ever had. My next add will be the Gobi rack. I'm still on the fence about a lift. If I do, it will be MFC.

I'm glad to see other KL's in the OB family.
MFC lift has been good to me for the past 20K I've had it on. While the Gobi is a great pick, have you checked out Frontrunner? RRO is also another great company making stuff for the KL platform.

MisterC

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Hanford, CA, USA
First Name
Mario
Last Name
Cifuentez
Member #

MFC lift has been good to me for the past 20K I've had it on. While the Gobi is a great pick, have you checked out Frontrunner? RRO is also another great company making stuff for the KL platform.
Thanks for the insight, Wabbit. I haven't looked at the Front Runner for the KL. I looked at it for my JK but I ended up going with the Rhino Rack Backbone system at the time. Unfortunately, the Rhino Rack platform for the KL uses the factory rails so it will only hold 150lbs. I'll check out the Front Runner.

MisterC

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Hanford, CA, USA
First Name
Mario
Last Name
Cifuentez
Member #

20181016_095815.jpg IMG_20181016_151725_333.jpg I got my Dynapros installed last week and my MFC lift installed yesterday. I'm pleased, to say the least. I'm still on the fence about a roof rack manufacturer.

tacoclifford

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RMS
Another Cherokee here. Dobinsons lift, with hazard sky lift.
RRO rock sliders
RRO steel roof rails
245/70/17 duratracs

Ram mounts on the inside for phone, iPad and gps, cb and ham.

Soon to have 32” ko2’s

IMG_5490.JPGIMG_5411.JPGIMG_5653.JPGIMG_5681.JPGIMG_5671.JPG