Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Blythewood SC
First Name
Bailey
Last Name
C
Member #

Hey guys I’m new to overlanding. I live in South Carolina and plan on many trips in the south east. The rig I’m building is a 2014 f250 crew cab long bed that also has to serve as a work truck. I currently don’t have much done as far as the build out goes. I do have a ladder rack installed that will be the base for a tent and awning later. So far it rides on stock size falcon ATs. Soon I will be doing a 4” lift and 37” MTs. I have plans for lights and gear mounts on the rack. My storage system is going to be a tote set up that can easily be loaded on Friday afternoons. I can’t wait to get my rig out on some trails.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey guys I’m new to overlanding. I live in South Carolina and plan on many trips in the south east. The rig I’m building is a 2014 f250 crew cab long bed that also has to serve as a work truck. I currently don’t have much done as far as the build out goes. I do have a ladder rack installed that will be the base for a tent and awning later. So far it rides on stock size falcon ATs. Soon I will be doing a 4” lift and 37” MTs. I have plans for lights and gear mounts on the rack. My storage system is going to be a tote set up that can easily be loaded on Friday afternoons. I can’t wait to get my rig out on some trails.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew....nice rig and look forward to seeing your build and your adventures.

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Welcome!!!

Welding Goats

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Ronn
Last Name
Reeger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXB227
Welcome to the forum from West Texas. I look forward to seeing the plan for the rig come together of you.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-trip-planning.21/

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/north-america.107/

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/overland-bound-regions.5928/

Project hermes

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Blythewood SC
First Name
Bailey
Last Name
C
Member #

Headed out on my first trip this weekend headed up to the mountains with a couple jeeps gonna see how the big truck can hang with the short jeeps we are worried about one over heating so might have to pull him home

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

Hello ... Welcome to the Overland Bound Community ... nice to have you on board!

Project hermes

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Blythewood SC
First Name
Bailey
Last Name
C
Member #

Sorry I haven’t been on much work has been in the way unfortunately I can no longer do the build I wanted for my f250 work took priority, 2 5th wheel trailers and a accident where the bed got messed up forced me to put a flat bed on how ever I am not letting it stop me I’m currently in the market for a cheap new to me ford ranger and 4x8 trailer I’m gonna build the bed for gear and sleep while the trailer Is for toys (kayak, fishing gear, 4 wheeler may add a bike and a paddle board) I’ll keep you posted 21D6C228-5C06-4908-8225-8FE5BE81B3CC.jpeg

Project hermes

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Blythewood SC
First Name
Bailey
Last Name
C
Member #

I think it looks even better with a flatbed. :)
Oh I love the flatbed don’t get me wrong it just threw a huge wrench in my original plan also the truck gets horrible gas mileage, I can’t have a rack do to the 5th wheel trailers and hard to take the wife to dinner in so a second smaller and more practical truck would be nice oh and my wife drives an extended cab long bed truck so it’s not much better

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Sorry I haven’t been on much work has been in the way unfortunately I can no longer do the build I wanted for my f250 work took priority, 2 5th wheel trailers and a accident where the bed got messed up forced me to put a flat bed on how ever I am not letting it stop me I’m currently in the market for a cheap new to me ford ranger and 4x8 trailer I’m gonna build the bed for gear and sleep while the trailer Is for toys (kayak, fishing gear, 4 wheeler may add a bike and a paddle board) I’ll keep you posted View attachment 142712
I have seen some very interesting and capable flat bed Overlanding Rigs. There is a couple of companies that make slide in pop up campers for flatbeds too.

RRitchey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sumpter Oregon, USA
First Name
Russell
Last Name
Ritchey
Member #

Nothing wrong with going full size. This is one of my projects. I have used it for trail exploring and off road camping.. Had to keep it fairly mild, hard to get the wife onboard if I get dirty looks every time she has to climb in so kept to a mild lift and reasonable tires. I am interested to see which direction you go with it. I like the flat bed, I have another truck I plan on putting a flatbed on (tree took out the bed and canopy) missed me by seconds as I walked past it. thumbnail.jpg

Reactions: Big G