Enthusiast II

Clarksville Va
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Conner
Member #

Aloha greetings and all that..
just found this site and it looks like what i am looking for.
I guess i should introduce myself.
My name is Michael
i live in southerner central virginia. and just picked up a little beat up isuzu amigo and would love to learn how to set it up on the cheap for a fun weekend runner and in the longer term something i can go out off grid for the most part for a few days to a month or so i know the slowpoke will be just that. it almost has enough power to get out of its own way. almost. at least i hope so. fixing the head on it right now.
but that said I am here to learn and hopefully meet some other folks who like to get out of the area they frequent most and do something different.
hope to see you guys out and about
peace love and granola.
Michaelzoo01.jpg
the little beastie when i got it off the trailer four weeks ago not running. no clue where to even start

Reactions: Tinker

Daniel Etter

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fishers, IN
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Etter
Member #

Welcome to the community! I haven't seen one of those Isuzus in years! Cool rig and good luck with your adventures and build!

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
With a body on frame construction, solid rear axle, and independent front end; sounds like a great vehicle to build a project from. What year is you rig: 1st gen 89-94 or a 2nd gen 98 on? The 1998 on, had a Dana 44 rear axle, with an Isuzu 10 bolt front. Really stout stuff to build from.

Mikeyleigh

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Clarksville Va
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Conner
Member #

With a body on frame construction, solid rear axle, and independent front end; sounds like a great vehicle to build a project from. What year is you rig: 1st gen 89-94 or a 2nd gen 98 on? The 1998 on, had a Dana 44 rear axle, with an Isuzu 10 bolt front. Really stout stuff to build from.
it is a 98. with the four banger 2.2 and five speed. .. i like it i hope. i havent driven the thing except to put it on a trailer and then take it off again.

Mikeyleigh

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Clarksville Va
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Conner
Member #

thanks for the welcome. i hope to learn a lot on how and even better where i can go on runs for the weekends.
be glad to meet some folks that dont need the hotel motel thing to keep em happy for a change

Mikeyleigh

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Clarksville Va
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Conner
Member #

very cool. i just picked up a trooper for my brother a couple of weeks ago. it ran really good bringing it home for him. salisbury isnt to far from me. i live about a mile off of kerr lake.

Reactions: GXAndy