New affordable lite RTT option coming to soon!

• HTML tutorial

Obi-Juan

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Southern California - San Fernando Valley
First Name
John
Last Name
Lechuga
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5JKL
These guys are new... so new they don't even have any product branding on their demo/prototype. However, I figured I would post a few photos for my fellow OB'ers are interested in some of the more affordable roof top tent options that we will be seeing more of in the years to come. These guys said that they are scheduled to be at SEMA, so hopefully you can get some questions answered there.

The RTT in these photos is very light weight, weighing in at just 100 pounds and comes complete with ladder, mounting hardware, and cover. And are you ready for the price? Don't quote me, but I heard this model will be available for under $1000! :)

IMG_1623.jpg IMG_1624.jpg IMG_1625.jpg IMG_1629.jpg IMG_1631.jpg IMG_1632.jpg IMG_1627.jpg IMG_1637.jpg IMG_1638.jpg IMG_1643.jpg

lifelesstraveled

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

Chico, CA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Norwood
Member #

Service Branch
US ARMY-19D
I’m interested, any company or POC info?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

SpikeMD

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Granite Bay, CA
First Name
Ted
Last Name
Speicher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WJ6SPK
Looks promising. The selling point of an rtt is comfort, not necessarily lightweight. Hopefully they have a good mattress. Spending a week in an rtt and you won't want to compromise comfort to save 20lbs

Last edited:

Obi-Juan

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

First Name
John
Last Name
Lechuga
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5JKL
I know someone who ordered these from a vendor in China about a month ago and is selling the exact same tent. I believe he had to order 4-6 of them but it is literally the EXACT same. I think he is selling them for $850 each

Edit* Here it is...

Tent
Awesome, what a great deal! How how does he like it so far?

Jenn&Goose

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Canandaigua, NY
Member #

I'm definitely interested in a rrt but with a partner and a kid need something a little bigger. Affordable is a thing with jeeps!? Lol I feel like it never is.

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

This looks amazing, just had a discussion about the weight of the rtt and what we could do to save the weight, to me weight is the deal...
Any new informations about the seller of this tent?

Obi-Juan

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

First Name
John
Last Name
Lechuga
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5JKL
This looks amazing, just had a discussion about the weight of the rtt and what we could do to save the weight, to me weight is the deal...
Any new informations about the seller of this tent?
No, not yet. Hopefully they'll get back to me soon. Last I heard they were still trying to have some modifications done and were working on branding. I'll update this thread as soon as I hear back from them.

Reactions: MazeVX

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

I just did a quick search and found out that the the original manufacturer is Ningbo wincar from China, the thing is the modifications for the customer...
Wincar says the weight is about 50kg...

Last edited: