Henderson, NV, USA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Borghetti
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRHU546
Any trimming on the wheel wells for those tires? Lookin good!
Thanks! Even with the Eibach 3" ProLift and the 1.5" Bora Spacers I had to trim just the front plastic under the fog lights and the fender flairs at the back of the front well. Running about 5 MPH low on the speedo (75 = 80 mph) smooth ride so far.

Reactions: Grumpy's Travels

Grumpy's Travels

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

McKinney, Texas, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beaubouef
Member #

Thanks! Even with the Eibach 3" ProLift and the 1.5" Bora Spacers I had to trim just the front plastic under the fog lights and the fender flairs at the back of the front well. Running about 5 MPH low on the speedo (75 = 80 mph) smooth ride so far.
Sorry, we're a newbie... so to be sure I'm on the same page. You did or did not trim any metal, just plastic? :-)

Z71_702

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Henderson, NV, USA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Borghetti
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRHU546
Sorry, we're a newbie... so to be sure I'm on the same page. You did or did not trim any metal, just plastic? :-)
A small metal tab at the back of the front well near the bottom where the fender flair attaches. I did not have to cut or modify any of the wheel well openings. I bought one tire to use as a spare on a factory wheel and checked everything the week before. Had to reinstall my front leveling spacer to gain equal front and rear height off the ground. Still has about a 1/2" rack to the front but turning does not mess with the front fenders. I did notice that my drivers side axle spacing is different from the passenger side. So when full out right turn the tire rubs slightly on the frame. But a bigger wheel spacer will hopefully fix that. Measuring them up today to possibly order new spacers 1.75 or 2" for just the front. The rear axle is wider than the front anyway so if I do it it will look even spaced front and rear. But again no cutting of the metal fenders. I was worried about that too.

Reactions: Grumpy's Travels