KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
Never say never :wink:

It has taken me several years to realize this... you may know exactly where you are on a base map, but that doesn't necessarily mean you know where you are.

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
, I’ll never get lost
Where's the fun in that?
Years ago when GPS first came out, I got a small handheld. The guys in my club said I took the fun out of getting lost. The big difference between then and now is planning. I would explore to add in spots on my map. Now I explore with the internet and plan on my computer.
Still there's noting more exciting then having everyone standing in a group, in the middle of the night trying to figure out which way is camp.

Reactions: CubbyXL7

CubbyXL7

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Central Texas, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Jenkins
Member #

, I’ll never get lost
Where's the fun in that?
Years ago when GPS first came out, I got a small handheld. The guys in my club said I took the fun out of getting lost. The big difference between then and now is planning. I would explore to add in spots on my map. Now I explore with the internet and plan on my computer.
Still there's noting more exciting then having everyone standing in a group, in the middle of the night trying to figure out which way is camp.
Agree completely. And, knowing how to read a map and use a compass is necessary skill because electronics fail and batteries run down. So, never get lost made for good click bait!

Reactions: smritte

Builder III

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Augustine
Last Name
Wheelister
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRVW409
Service Branch
Army
Oh you have a rig that runs on petrol?
And a map? using roads

Back in my day, we only used the stars and canvas covered wagons.
And don’t even get me started on the move away from hunter-gathering

Overlanding has…

(This is a joke)

Hope the gps and inreach work well

Hope the paper maps work well also!

Reactions: MOAK

Contributor III

US
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Easterling
Added the Ram Mount for my Garmin GPSMAP66i with Inreach technology. With my onX OffRoad and this little bit of technology, I’ll never get lost! And, if I do….I’m Inreach!

It will be more fun if you get lost and try to search your destination by using a real map and that is by asking local people. This way you will never forget otherwise you will get used to technology. But yes, if you are not so good at writing essay assignments then you can navigate here to read essay examples for free. I am also using that website link to find examples because over there I can read them for free..
It will be more fun if you get lost and try to search your destination by using a real map and that is by asking local people. This way you will never forget otherwise you will get used to technology.

Last edited:
Reactions: MOAK