Enthusiast III

Arizona
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Blau
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO7SHR
Thinking of doing the NBDR leaving from the OverlandExpo West on Monday May22 and starting from Oatman on Tuesday May23 and ending in Jarbridge whenever we get there. Want to see if there is any interest. This will be a very slow leisurely drive, make camp by 4 pm and break camp by 9 and do a lot sight seeing along the way

Reactions: chetmak

chetmak

Rank III

Advocate III

Pahrump, NV, USA
First Name
Chet
Last Name
Makowski
Member #

Thinking of doing the NBDR leaving from the OverlandExpo West on Monday May22 and starting from Oatman on Tuesday May23 and ending in Jarbridge whenever we get there. Want to see if there is any interest. This will be a very slow leisurely drive, make camp by 4 pm and break camp by 9 and do a lot sight seeing along the way
Hey Redruby,
Questions:
I live in Pahrump NV. Does the route go through Pahrump? Maybe I could join the group as you go through there?
What type radio comms will you use?
I have GMRS and CB. I also have a handheld Ham just to listen with . No license yet. Would any of that work?

Redruby

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Arizona
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Blau
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO7SHR
I’ll have to check if we go through Pahrump, I don’t remember but pretty sure it does. I use Ham and GMRS for comms

Reactions: chetmak

chetmak

Rank III

Advocate III

Pahrump, NV, USA
First Name
Chet
Last Name
Makowski
Member #

Google maps says From Pahrump to Jarbidge is 10 hours (with no stops.) So it seems like a two day trip if you take your time?
Any ideas where you would stop on the way? And do you plan on heading back to AZ after Jarbidge?

Redruby

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Arizona
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Blau
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO7SHR
I have no ideal where we’ll stop and from Jarbridge I’ll be heading up to Alaska, last year some friends did the NBDR and it took them about a week they travel a little faster than I like to move so I’m anticipating 7-10 days for this trip