• HTML tutorial

Air the flatlander

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Woodbury CT
Member #

Mild Equipped 2005 LR3 SE, 123k Miles located in Woodbury CT

The good: Solid running truck, no leaks, with long service history, no dash lights, and some mods for today's overlander, all of which can easily be returned to stock. Lots of preventative maintenance has been taken care of including the known usual big ticket LR3 problems (see below)

The bad: Small 4inch scratch/dent in front pass door, small crack in 3rd brake light lense which I sealed (not visible while walking around), rock rash on spokes of factory wheels (none structural or around the bead), some dents on lowest sections of exhaust and gas tank skid, none of which are structural or effecting flow. Earlier this year the fuel tank senders started acting funny giving false readings (known LR3 issue) so I purchased brand new genuine VDO replacements but did not install yet due to the fact it's been working. Replacements will be included in the purchase along with some other small items.

Done with prior owner...
46k compressor
57k LCA bushings
67k thermostat
82k driverside tie rod
86k Sunroof drains
96k brake booster

Within last two years I have done the following, mostly as preventative maintenance to stay ahead of the maintenance curve...
100k brake pressure switch, new agm battery and negative battery cable
101k Diff breather upgrade,thermostat housing, drive belts, radiator hose, coolant flush
107k transfer case and diff service, transmission software update
114k idler pulley and both tensioners, alternator, waterpump, clutch fan assembly, spark plugs, transmission service kit including upgraded two piece oil pan and filter, heater resistor (blower motor was replaced a month or two prior)
115k Front air suspension distribution box, pcv valve, thermostat housing and thermostat (new one was leaking)
117k rear driveshaft assembly
119k right rear caliper, stainless steel rear brake lines, rear pads and rotors, e-brake rebuild and adjust
121k front rotors and pads
123k air and cabin filters and last oil service. Left rear caliper

All parts were genuine or quality oem, no junk, researched everything going into it and each brand chosen. Oil services always genuine fluids and did not go cheap, was done on schedule routinely. I have records from the prior owner showing it's life from 40k till the time I purchased it, it had been purchased prior from a dealership, he gave me as much as he could when I purchased the truck from him. The vehicle spent most of it's life in Georgia, hence the rot free frame.

Upgrades which are already on the vehicle or included...
Bluetooth IIDtool
Proud Rhino lift rods (comes with original if you choose to just use the IID tool or go back to stock)
Rhino rack Backbone rail system (Pioneer Platform not included unless a deal breaker) Factory rails included.
Tactical rovers rock sliders/skids
Rhino hitch (research it, it's the real good one)
Custom Detours Off-road rear tire carrier designed specifically to fit the LR3 body lines and be utilized in Rhino Hitch.
Brake controller with 7pin and flat 4 hookup
CB radio
(5)265/65/18 Duratracs with plenty of meat, also includes 3 more spares unmounted with 90 percent tread,no plugs or leaks
Rear dog barrier

Asking $10,200, Open to offers. Also looking for a 4Runner
FB_IMG_1534817106976.jpg FB_IMG_1534817072822.jpg

Last edited: