thalooch

Rank 0

Traveler I

Colorado, USA
First Name
Luchino
Last Name
Castagno
So I have my Yakima towers and Jetstream bars installed on my camper shell and now I am having a ton of trouble navigating how to install my OVS 270 Awning.

The T Slot channel on the Yakima Jetstream bars is way too wide at nearly an inch and I can't find any bolts that have a wide enough head to not spin freely in the track.

Overland Vehicle Systems has been pretty unhelpful and sadly I'm not getting a good feeling about their company. I specifically asked which bars I should buy to mount their awning and they said Jetstream. I've reached out to them twice for help and all they have said is to use a regular nut and not the nylon nut to tighten the bracket to the bar.

Also my experience with Yakima is very poor. On my initial call they were unhelpful and despite taking my name and number down have not gotten back to me for nearly a week. My follow up call they were straight up rude and annoyed and responded with a picture of their custom Load Stop attachment which wasn't even remotely helpful.

Right now I'm at a loss and wondering if I should just return all my Yakima products and go with a different system? My truck camper came with roof tracks and yakima landing pads, hence why I went down the yakima road.

My only thought right now that would work is to cut some kind of custom shims from either wood or metal to sandwich in the bolt in the t track channel.

Attachments

thalooch

Rank 0

Traveler I

Colorado, USA
First Name
Luchino
Last Name
Castagno
It looks like this is gonna work. Bought new bolts, washers and lock washers all zinc to go with these nuts. Gonna install tomorrow!